Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question for all "Manually"-MFing player

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by FlyingPerson, Mar 16, 2005.

1. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson Diabloii.Net Member

Question for all "Manually"-MFing player

This question is for manually mf player....bcz there wont be any MF bot keep those item...therefore..they wont know the answer for this question..

What is the most often found unique/set in the game?

For my own opinion....it is Breast Plate....no matter unique or set.
    I always see TONS of Isenhart and Venom breast plate all around...oh...and cathan/angelic ring is all around too. There is even once, when I kill hell meph in 8 ppl game..he drop 2 Isenhart plate with 1 cathan [email protected]#$$%#$%

The most rarely unique/set to find...

well....forgot about those WF, GF, T-Might, Tal, IK armor blah blah blah
    I realize one thing....those super low lvl unique/set is extermely hard to find as well....I did tons of normal boss run to find them...but...they are really hard to find........(I know I am bored..but I actually collect all the Diablo unique and set in non-ladder already, and I am about 97% done) There is something I only found one(or not even one) while have found tons of other unique.

The following stuff is the low lvl item I think hardest to find:

Sander's Cap
    Tancred Boot
    Arctic Furs
    Axe of Fechmar Large Axe
    Hand of Broc Leather Gloves
    Greyform quited Armor
    Biggin's Bonnet Cap

well..I know those item sucks...but just wonderering...how come their drop chances are SO LOW! They should be "possible" to find in anywhere in Diablo

2. ron

ron Diabloii.Net Member

I find the Axe of Fechmar a lot, but I agree with the others. I have found all of them but not often.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

The rarest unique in the game is Tyraels might no doubt about... First of all it's a sacred armour thats TC 87 and very unlikely to drop in the first place, then you need it to be unique which doesn't happen very often either...and then if you finally manage to get that elusive golden sacred armour there's only a 1/9 (I think) chance of it being Tyrael's might... astronomical odds. The breast plate is very often seen because it belongs to a low level TC (12 I think) that is very likely to drop...also the other items in TC 12 are (almost) all class specific which means they are a 1/3 as likely to drop as "normal" items... thus favouring the breast plate enouormously and therefor you seem to find one in every game. The very low level items are also quite difficult to find because the game starts by checking the highest TC's first, and they have a low chance of dropping, then the next one with a slightly higher chance and when you get to TC 12 for example the odds are quite high of it dropping thus preventing the lower TC's from dropping, most of the time...

4. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 Diabloii.Net Member

Just an idea of how rare Tyr's Might is - If you had 1,000 % MF

You would have to run Hell Baal an average of 136,648 times to get your mits on one.

Windforce is a lot less at 1 : 12,423

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Two factors are important here, the TC an item is in and the qlvl. The TC together with the number of items it contains and the item type (standard, assassin only or non-assa class-specifec) determines the chance to drop an item of a particular base type. The qlvl is just an obstacle to overcome, i.e. it doesn't modify the chance to drop. Either a monster can drop the unique/set version of that item or it can't drop it at all (and a so-called failed unique/set will be generated).

That means, iIf the qlvl is far higher than the TC, the chance to drop gets very low as well because monsters with a high level normally have a very low chance to drop items from low TC. Example: Tancred's Hobnails (I still find it 1-3 times per season btw). Those monsters with a high chance to drop from the very low TCs are found in the beginning of act 1 normal, but their monster levels are below 10, so they can't drop Tancred's boots. The first monster that can drop them is normal Diablo IIRC (I haven't checked it) and he already has a very low chance to drop an item from the armo3 TC.

Which uniques are drop rarely and which ones drop often is a subjective question. People who like to play low-level characters and run around in act 1 normal will say that e.g. Gull drops all the time, while those who make Baal runs all the time will say that Gull is very rare. In general, the most probable item comes from a TC that isn't crowded and has a high chance to be selected from that TC in the item generation progress.

Let's assume the average MF character does hell Meph runs most of the time. The most probable unique item he drops is Venom Ward, the unique breast plate, being twice as probable as the following items. Breast plates are from armo18 which, together with weap21 are the most probable TC Meph can drop from. However, the armo18 TC contains only 5 entries and 4 of them are class-specific i.e. having only 1/3 the normal drop chance. That means, 3/7 of all items from the armo18 TC are breast plates. The weap21 TC has 10 entires with one class-specific item (1/3 chance) and one assassin item (2/3 chance,) i.e. standard items have a 3/27 =1/9 chance of dropping, so the chance for uniques from that TC is clearly lower.