Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question concerning my bonermancer & skellis

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by dill_myster, May 16, 2005.

1. dill_myster

dill_myster IncGamers Member

question concerning my bonermancer & skellis

I am going with this build with end game of 84 (97skills)

20 bone spirit
    20 bone spear
    20 teeth
    20 bone wall
    1 bone armor
    1 corpse explosion

10 skeleton mastery (skills after 84 will go here or towards getting AI curses)
    1 clay golem
    1 skeleton warrior

with items I will have arounf 14 skellis plus my golem and def merc so numbers won't be a problem

I should have a decent enough meatshield for PvM shouldn't I?
    are there any good poles(beast only works in axes) I can give my merc to pump merc/skellis/clay newb to skellis

2. Immortal_Slayer

Immortal_Slayer IncGamers Member

ERr if you're wanting to spend limited points in summoning tree...Just get 1 point in revives, but no more. Let your +skills increase the number you can have...They can't kill anything, but they're the best damn tanks in teh game...And don't put points in skeletal mastery, unless you're going for max skeletons or skeletal mages, it's no good. If you were wanting to make a bone/summon hybrid, you could go:
    20 Bone spear
    20 Bone Spirit
    20 Raise Skeletal
    20 Skeletal Mastery
    1 in clay golem, summon resist, amp damage, decrepcify.
    Spare points in Bone wall
    And wear marrowwalks for the synergy bug.

-Slayer

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Change this. Put all your points in Raise Skeleton and let +skills lift your Mastery. Points in RS give more life, damage, AR and defense than points in Mastery. This should give you decent meatshields.

You can try to give your Merc a Pride polearm. The Concentration aura will boost their damage.

4. dill_myster

im not looking for skellis to do dmg just tank for me
    if puting my spare points into skeleton gives more life def blocking (stuff of that nature, but most important life) then that'll work hopefully I won't have to recast to often

would geting a spare pt into revive be worht the 2 pt loss?

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Depending on how much +skills u have those 2 points could add up to 10-12 revives and additional tanks so i think its worth it :D I sense you are a PvP Bonemancer just wishing to have some distractions in PvM ? In essence ithose 2 points won't decrease the damage output of your bonespells so why not? I went for bone/summon in PvM mf and *in combination* they kill stuff plenty even with my spear/spirit being 40-50% of the godliest pure bone PvP necros but with 350*12 dmg from skellies ...w/o might,merc,revivies and amplify dmg yet hehe

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Most popular PvP melee builds will chew through your skellies or circumvent them in no time and nobody likes waiting for a reviver to go out and get his favorite monsters every time he starts a new duel. Best use for minions is to catch melee attackers off guard with iron maiden. I wouldn't expect them to make a good shield unless you're using enigma to stack them all around you and then only a temporary shield at best.

7. Popo Ezness

Popo Ezness Banned

he tried to use skillies as his meat shield, and yes, i assume he's gonna use enigma for the minion stacking bug.

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Oops. Thought that was for PvP. I would stick with Bone Wall, curses, and your gumby for general meat shielding. They work just fine. I seriously think Confusion is highly underrated here. I use it all the time with my bonemancer. For teleporting just get yourself some bulky revives to take the hits when you accidentally hop into the middle of an ugly crowd.

9. dill_myster

yea I was going to use then for PvM for teleporting

although I could fastly (seconds) get a few urdars or maulers for fun if i get bored with my opponent (if they really suck)

10. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

If we compare 40lvl Skeleton Mastery 13 lvl Revives (hell ones) with 40lvlSkeleton mastery/34lvl Skeletons OR even 40mastery/34lvl Mages
    what is best from these 3 possibilities - the revives (for source we can get Bloodmoon lords or Vipers), the battle skeles or the mages on that lvl of skeleton mastery ARE THE BEST COMPANION for universal (PvP/PvM) BONEmanser-Marrowbug-user?
    Is the revives buged in some way?