Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question by me.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kavy, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Kavy

Kavy IncGamers Member

Question by me.

Hello,

I have been playing Diablo 2 single player for a long time, but now i would like to know, what do i need to do to play multiplayer. I have never played Diablo 2 in pultiplayer, so i would like to see some instructions about what do i have to do etc.

2. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

Re: Question by me.

Hi there! It's actually very easy, you just got to RTFM :)

See you in a baals game sometime ^^

3. Kavy

Kavy IncGamers Member

There's a lot of stuff to read there, and i didn't really understand it. Do i have to download some patches or something else. ?

4. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Hi,

Welcome to the SPF!

You really should all the rules, but this post covers the gist of it.

The technical aspects:
    What patch are you playing? The most common patch for MP games is 1.13c, so consider updating to patch 1.13c if you plan to play MP games. To partake in MP games, simply go here. If someone hosts a game, their IP will either be posted, or they will ask you to request for an IP via PM. Open up Diablo 2, click "Other Multiplayer", then "TCP/IP", then "Join Game", then enter the IP, and press "OK". Alternatively, if you can host games, you can choose to "Host Game" instead, and then post your IP in the thread for others to join. Another alternative is gaming through Hamachi, although I haven't seen a Hamachi game in a while.

Make sure you DO read the rules though, and PM Thyiad if you need clarification. If you are caught using edited characters/items and/or other mods that are not accepted and/or doing unacceptable activities (duping, disrupting the space-time continuum, etc.), MPers will (probably) snitch on you and Thyiad will swoop in with her sharpened claws, fire-breathing tail, wings armored with machine guns, with her mighty Ban Hammer in one hand and Chuck Norris' decapitated head in the other and kick you out before you can finish screaming FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-, etc.

5. Kavy

Kavy IncGamers Member

I am using the 1.13 patch. And i am no longer playing with edited characters. As they su*k anyway ;)

Do i need to look for users posting their IP's in that topic, or somewhere else. ?

6. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

You should probably send Thyiad a PM before taking part in MP if you've played with a character editor.

At the moment, there are no games up. If someone has a game up, it'll usually be the LAST post in the thread, stating game up at [insert IP here]. That is the correct thread that I gave you. Each time you see a new post in that thread, there usually will be a game up.

7. Kavy

Kavy IncGamers Member

I haven't played with edited characters about 4 years now. I prefer playing legit. :)