Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question : Best Pindler Build

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Celis DMK, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Celis DMK

Celis DMK IncGamers Member

Question : Best Pindler Build

I would like your opinions as to what character/skills would be the best for running pindle the fastest and safest with items commonly found doing Mef runs. I think any character would need a tank due to that nasty charge they have.

My first notion is a Freeze Arrow Zon. Max Valk for a replacable tank that can kill. Max all synergies related to Freezing Arrow then Max guided. That should be able to take care of anything that isnt PI/Cold Immune. Gear could be simple since the valk would be taking the brunt of that initial nasty ITD charge attack the skellies in there have. What else would work?

2. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

My skelemancer has never, EVER once been in danger of dying from Hell Pindleskin and his cronies. Ever. He hasn't even gotten in trouble where he had to retreat or tp out. Ever. Whereas my room mate's amazon has been killed or gotten into trouble on occasion.

My build: max skeleton mastery, max raise skeleton, max corpse explosion (plus a bunch of various points elsewhere). NM Might merc.

Runs consist of:
    1. Raise my Army of Darkness from zombie graveyard outside of Pindle's place.
    2. Run into Pindle's place.
    3. Cast attract on one or two of his buddies to keep them charging each other instead of me.
    4. Let my skeletons and merc take one corpse down.
    5. Cast corpse explosion and watch the domino effect.

He's a blast for MFing and just playing in general. Though playing with others who don't understand when to use curses and just spam amp damage kinda sucks. "Hey, we're in a baal run with 6 other sorceresses... Jomero is casting lower resist.... nah, I think amp damage is the better choice! Duh hee."

-Jomero

3. Celis DMK

Jomero

Do you have to wait for those dead skellies in the graveyard to revive and then kill them before gathering yer army or can ya just walk by and revive em?

Another option I thought of would be a LS/DS Trapsin with Shadow.

4. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

You can raise skeletons while they are all laid out on the ground before they even get up. In fact, that's the BEST place in the game for a necro to create your army. Not only can you raise skeletons from them before they "wake up" but it gets rid of their corpse, and therefore, you have less zombies to deal with after they "wake up." Even after I have my maximum amount of skeletons, I still keep raising more just to get rid of zombie corpses.

I deal with a couple stragglers just to let my merc turn on his might aura (and so I don't have to deal with them coming at me from behind) and then I deal with pindle.

After that, my army is fully raised, my merc's aura is turned on, I do my other business. Like Shenk, Eldritch, The Pit, or whatever.

Oh, and if you decide to have a summoning necro in Hell, I would highly recommend pumping points into dim vision.I have found that this duration and radius size cannot be enough in Hell. Burning Souls (Gloams) and any ranged attacks that pierce (Claw vipers' bone spear, spear cats) will kick your ***. Being able to blind them off screen and en masse is invaluable. Plus it's great for breaking into the throne of destruction when other people can't seem to do it. (I've had to do it a few times with my necro on some baal runs when nobody else could do it). Hop in, spam dim vision, and you're set. Plus it's great to keep shaman/undead guys from resurrecting their buddies. If they can't see them, they can't revive them.

-Jomero

5. SCaVeNGeR

SCaVeNGeR IncGamers Member

Hmmmz,

Sounds kinda time consuming, I personally use my Blizzard sorc, tele over there 1-2 Blizzard and pindle and his gang are no more... If he is cold immume I kill everything else and let my defiance merc kill of pindle in 3-5 jabs... Kinda cool u can raise the skelletons even before the zombies wake up though....

SCaVeNGeR

Btw, already found Crown of Ages, Ik Armor, Tals Armor, Shako, Arreats and some other stuff from pindle in 1.10, but I usually do mephiruns cause he drops something decent more often...

6. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

make a javazon with max LS run in their and throw 5 bolts, everything will be dead. it will take you 20 seconds. no reviving, no tping around no contact what so ever.

7. Celis DMK

Well in that case could my Meteorb Sorcy take Pindle w/o suffering one of those charges? I was under the impression there was no way to keep one or 2 of those nasty attacks from gettin off unless u have something tanking for you?

8. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

Those charges do suck. And my room mate's javazon with max LS has died many more times than I have. All it takes is for pindle to be LI, and then you have to worry about the zombies behind you waking up at that point. *shrug*

9. dsong

dsong IncGamers Member

holy bolt pally. pindle dies in 4-5 casts, each minion 1-2. never died doing pindle yet, redemption cleans out courtyard (not that it matters)

10. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

My LF Zon does Pindle in 20-30sec roughly. Just run in, cast Valk, Fury them to death. Merc closes the door behind me. If Pindle is LI i switch to the Cannon and let Strafe or Guided take him down. When i compared with my Skellimancer, the Amazon did it slightly faster.. It takes some time to wake up the Skellies.

11. Nobbler

Nobbler IncGamers Member

You want ultimate speed for Pindle? Nothing will beat a orb/fireball sorc for killing Pindle. Teleport and machine gun him with fireball. If he is fire immune (not often) orb him.

12. twelvebar

twelvebar IncGamers Member

Same here except i use a fireball/meteor sorc,the rest is the same, though, merc kills if fire immune.
    Ive found tons from him, Ik armor, 3 valors(1 was only +1 tho'),3 tals armor , 2 tals ammy, 3 LS, griz hat and weapon,2 aldurs armor... list could go on...

13. twelvebar

twelvebar IncGamers Member

Fireball uually stops them in their tracks if they're charging.

14. Dodgy_geezah

Dodgy_geezah IncGamers Member

Vote for the bonermancer here. Run in, spear, corpse explode. Low lvl clay tanks and you're not in much danger with a high lvl bone armour. TP out and identify stuff, rinse and repeat.

15. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

than your buddys javazon is of poor quality, i rarely ever die, if pindle is li just leave and start a new one. its really that easy. Like i Said it only takes a few seconds to kill him, the zombies coming from behind should never hit you.

Don`t get me wrong, if you have a poorly built character of any kind it is going to be tuff to do pindle with ease.

16. duneforever

duneforever IncGamers Member

I use a javazon for hell pindle and I can do him in roughly 15-30 seconds..I just run down to the portal run beyond the nonawakened zombies run up to the door and throw like 5 javs in there and everything is dead unless pindle is lit immune, then my defiance merc will quickly dispose of him. I have found numerous elites from pindle...nothing like arreats/arkaines but some nice items. I haven't been mfing recently though..just leveling up

17. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

You rarely ever die, but you have died. That's many, many more times than I have. Which is zero. :D

18. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

it blows, let me tell ya. only happens when i am not paying attention. ill sit there throwing javilins and there is a pole in front of me, therfore not hitting any thing. i havent died since about lvl 70, lvl ** now.

19. SCaVeNGeR

SCaVeNGeR IncGamers Member

Well,

Lots of builds could do pindleruns fairly quick, it's just a matter of personal preference I guess. I know that i'll be running pindle for a while, he's pretty nice to me ;) Did 425 runs in total (yesterday and today) and found: Ik armor, Eaglehorn, Gaze (7//6//20), Shako, Stormspire (Unique Giant Tresher), Frostwind (Unique Cryptic Sword) and a few titans and hellslayers.

SCaVeNGeR

20. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

glacial spike to freeze then blast with your CL//Meteor//FO//FO//FB//Fb and hes GONE!!