Question about Weapon Block

offline5555

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Weapon Block

1) Does weapon block melee attacks and most elemental and magical attacks, including Bone Spirits, Hammers, FOH, Traps, Cold Orbs, Fireballs, and etc?

2) Does weapon block % decreses dramatically if i run instead of walk? If so how much?

Naliworld

Diabloii.Net Member
in the FAQ Updation thread said:
Q: Hey, why is my WB blocking elemental attacks?
A: WB blocks elemental attacks in addition to (normally) unblockable attacks, such as Smite. Here's a list of elemental attacks we've verified to be Blockable or Unblockable with WB. In addition, its chance to block remains the same when you run, unlike Shield block, which decreases to 1/3, when you run. Note that all of the below are Unblockable with normal Shields. Elemental skills denoted with a "?" are unconfirmed:

Class-based Elemental Skill list(note: some monsters use the below skills, like Fetish Shamans using Inferno):
Chain/Lightning/Sentry/Phoenix Strike - Blockable
Wake of/Inferno/Artic Blast - Unblockable
Blade Fury - Blockable
Blade Sentinel - Blockable
Blade Shield - Blockable
Poison Nova - Blockable
Teeth - Blockable
Bone Spear - Blockable
Bone Spirit - Blockable
Blessed Hammer - Blockable
Fist of the Heavens - Blockable
Smite - Blockable
Fireball - Blockable
Firebolt/Hydra - Blockable
Phoenix Strike/Meteor - Blockable (only impact damage is blocked, residual flames unblockable)
Firewall - Unblockable
Blaze - Unblockable
Blizzard - Blockable
Ice Bolt/Frozen Orb/Phoenix Strike - Blockable
Fissure - Unblockable
Hurricane - Blockable
Molten Boulder - Unblockable
Naliworld.

Anidem

Banned
I think moving reduces Block to 1/3. don't quote me cuz Conan the Barbarian is on and I'm running out of crack.

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
Anidem said:
I think moving reduces Block to 1/3. don't quote me cuz Conan the Barbarian is on and I'm running out of crack.
With a shield, yes. With WB, no.

jrichard

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Anidem said:
Who watches Conan then? :) If there's 1 boring movie it has to be that movie. I rather look "my little pony" then that movie really.

reno666

Diabloii.Net Member
jrichard said:
With a shield, yes. With WB, no.

jrichard
Hi JRichard, my friend ran tests against zon arrows and after several multishot and ga flurries while running, he rarely blocked.

He had 61% WB, btw. The tests were conducted approx. mid to late December so dunno if any new data can conclude whether his tests are invalidated or not. If the tests are wrong, then YAY WB!! :clap:

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
reno666 said:
Hi JRichard, my friend ran tests against zon arrows and after several multishot and ga flurries while running, he rarely blocked.

He had 61% WB, btw. The tests were conducted approx. mid to late December so dunno if any new data can conclude whether his tests are invalidated or not. If the tests are wrong, then YAY WB!! :clap:
I block quite alot while running actually. So from what I can see is that WB does have the same block while running as standing still or walking.