Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about upping my bow

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by zzzxxxjjj, Jun 16, 2005.

1. zzzxxxjjj

zzzxxxjjj IncGamers Member

Question about upping my bow

I found a Goldstrike Arch the other day and was gonna use it and had wanted to up it. My question is in regards to which recipe to use. Theres 2 for weapons in the horadric cube recipe list on this website and i was curious which of the 2 will work, or both even. One says it exceptionals the unique weapon and the other says that it elites the unique. Can i do both of those to my goldstrike? or only 1 or the other? i am unsure and dont want to try and trade for those runes until i know for sure. Your help is much appreciated. thanks.

2. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

There are 4 recipes to upgrade items.

1) Takes a UNIQUE item with a 'normal' base type and changes the base type to 'exceptional.'

2) Takes a UNIQUE item with an 'exceptional' base type and changes the base type to 'elite.'

3) Takes a RARE item with a 'normal' base type and changes the base type to 'exceptional.'

4) Takes a RARE item with an 'exceptional' base type and changes the base type to 'elite.'

Goldstrike Arch is a UNIQUE with an 'exceptional' base type. Use the appropriate recipe.

(Note, recipe 2 is only available on ladder and single player.)

3. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon

These are the ingredients for upgrading your weapon. Even you if you get an Elite version of that bow Buriza is still far much better weapon and it’s worth ~10 prefect gems only. So you can buy a good buriza for Ko-Lem and that’s less then pul. Not to mention that you can still upgrade Buriza to an elite C-Bow

4. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

Buritza is slow, and the upped version has too high strength requirement. If you shall upgrade a GSA make sure that the bow has perfect ED (250%).

- D.J.