question about upping claws

matchuk

Diabloii.Net Member
question about upping claws

hi guys im going to make my second pvp char a ww/sin like happyassasins i got a few questions regarding claws

i have a greater talon claw i want to make chaos with or fury and has +3 venom 3os question is can i up it runic talon and if i do does it lose the stats?

also does claw placement make a difference?
which claw should be made into fury and which into chaos??

thanks guys

Chewbacca

Diabloii.Net Member
Unless and until Blizzard decides to change the rules, you can only "up" rare or unique items (keep in mind that some uniques are only "up"able on ladder). If you have a claw that you can make a runeword in (meaning a "white" or "grey" - socketed claw), then in can not be "up"ed under the present rules.

As for which hand to put your claws in... I'm not knowledgeable about that specific topic, so will let someone who knows better answer that for you.

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
matchuk said:
darn than im missing a claw ><
I'm no expert but from what I understand the damage in this build is primarily from venom and OW. So the use of greater talons vs. runic talons isn't too huge of an issue since the important thing is the speed of the claw (both -30). I made a fury claw out of a greater talon I had that had +3 lit sentry etc. and plan to use that. Also lower requirements with the greater talons.

matchuk

Diabloii.Net Member
olwe said:
I'm no expert but from what I understand the damage in this build is primarily from venom and OW. So the use of greater talons vs. runic talons isn't too huge of an issue since the important thing is the speed of the claw (both -30). I made a fury claw out of a greater talon I had that had +3 lit sentry etc. and plan to use that. Also lower requirements with the greater talons.
thats what i thought but i then said what the heck might as well wait it out till someone sells a +3 venom elite claw, that added xtra dmg is worth it