Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about Upped Items

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by tezuka, Aug 5, 2010.

1. tezuka

tezuka Diabloii.Net Member

Question about Upped Items

Is it more advantageous to use a Normal item for a runeword, and then Up it twice to Elite? Will the stats be better than simply using an Elite item for a runeword?

Is there any "random" factor in Upping items? That is if I upped two of the exact same item with the exact same stats, will they have the same resulting stats every time, or could they be different?

Also, for "Superior" items, such as with enhanced defense or damage, will these bonuses be reflected once upped? Should I use only a Superior Elite item, or a Superior Normal item for a runeword and then up it?

i.e. I have a superior light plate with 15% enhanced defense, vs. a superior archon plate with 15% enhanced defense. If I upped the light plate to elite, will it have the same stats as the superior archon plate? And what if they are just normal items; will it be the same too?

2. Milb

Milb Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Question about Upped Items

You can't up runewords. Only rares and uniques.

Rare/Unique armors will have their defense rolled randomly (percentage ed kept the same, base def rolled), weapons are always the same when upped.