Question about treachery

kalvydas

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about treachery

from guide "Ribcracker Fury Druid - Uber Killer Guide"

"I put on Treachery and equipped the life tap wand on switch. I created the Portal, then ran around in Act 1 getting hit until fade triggered. Then it was a sprint to Harragoth to swap armors and enter the portal"

So is triggered fade staying active even if you remove armor that gives chance to cast it?

tismevader

Diabloii.Net Member
i think it is, i say this because my pure cold sorc has a wand on her wep swith that gives +3 to thunderstorm. she casts thins and wep switches and thunderstorm works fine.

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes. It continues for the normal duration of 4+ minutes. It's a beautiful thing!

I wonder if anyone has ever tried using a bunch of 1.11 armors to get Cyclone Armor, a Valkrie, and then Fade...assuming the others work the same way. That would be a cool prebuff.

kalvydas

Diabloii.Net Member
i think it is, i say this because my pure cold sorc has a wand on her wep swith that gives +3 to thunderstorm. she casts thins and wep switches and thunderstorm works fine.
In your case you still have that weapon on your char. In case with armor you remove armor and switch to another one, so I wasn't sure if skill/spell remains after you totaly remove item form your char. But looks like it stays as per bjam post. thx
I dont think other prebuffs would be worth spending time and efforets to cast them: lvl10 bonearmor (from bone) absorbs 110 physical damage, lvl15 cyclone armor (from rain) absorbs 208 elemental damage. In hell i think 110 and 208 damage absorb are really low.

one more: Does triggering fade impact battle orders? If yes, should I better use BO before fade is triggered or should I BO after fade is activated?

Anti-Life

Diabloii.Net Member
ive never had anny issues with fade working with BO from CtA/other barbs on my assasin...so i would assume same for other classes using trechery, also if it didnt it would of been pointed out in the guides im sure.

if ur meaning the curse reduction time...yes i DO believe it effects the time BO will last but ONLY if fade is already activated before you use them...so use BO and such first...then run around act 1 to get fade triggered...then go nuts on the big 3

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't realize that the Cyclone armor was that weak...so maybe just the Valk + Fade. At least the Valk lasts until killed, so it would be a nice meat shield for certain builds. IMO, even the Valk isn't worth the trouble for high powered characters. Treachery is by far the best of the 1.11 armors. It's good enough to use full time, but it really shines as a situational pre-buff.

[EDIT] Just to clarify, Valk would obviously not be for Ubers (just general play). Against the Ubers, even the best Valk would be toast in no time.

Anti-Life

Diabloii.Net Member
the valk IS nice...but i dont see it as a worthwhile thing to get...in the ubers she is dead in under 10 seconds....if that even....better to just get fade going and ignore summons from my experiance, unless ur a summoner necro then u get cows from teh cow level to tank for ya :D

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
The thunderstorm here does not work fine, unless you have at least 1 skill point in it as well.

Yes you will see the animation around your feet, but no, it does not do dmg.

kalvydas

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, fade from treachery stays on even if you take armor off. But I also "discovered" that Last Wish also has a 6% chance of fade when struck (I didnt see that before:). Before I just saw CB, life tap and might aura).
So if I decide to use LW, I just need to prebuff fade with treachery, and then it will be recasted by LW.

Flayed One

Diabloii.Net Member
next thing you should notice on LW is that it offers no IAS. That means very slow attack on weredruids... LW isn't a good idea.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, fade from treachery stays on even if you take armor off. But I also "discovered" that Last Wish also has a 6% chance of fade when struck (I didnt see that before:). Before I just saw CB, life tap and might aura).
So if I decide to use LW, I just need to prebuff fade with treachery, and then it will be recasted by LW.
Just so you know, LW's Fade is level 11, whereas Treachery's is 15. It'll lower your resists and DR% to the LW's level if it triggers.

Treachery's Fade lasts 4 minutes and 48 seconds. That should be long enough to do what you're doing with Meph. You should have max resists for the other 2 ubers anyway, so Fade is only useful for the 15% DR in that case.