Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about Traps

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by -.kreizi.-, Mar 5, 2004.

1. -.kreizi.-

-.kreizi.- IncGamers Member

Question about Traps

Im building a cookie cutter Trapasin

LS/DS/CBS build

question : is there a limit of total trapce possible to place, regardless of type or is there a limit by type: like 5 LS traps , 5 DS traps and 5 CBS traps?? Also what happens if i cast more, 1. can i cast more or 2. will the more casting start to cancel the first ones?

also i got a question if i meet monster who is PI and LI , how the hell i kill him then? my merc wont do damage, my traps wont do damage... erm ok tehres a chanse of Fire Blast, but if he turns out PI , LI,FI? then what ?

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

euhm, AFAIK you can have a maximum off 5 traps total, and when you cast your sixth the trap you "summoned" first will brake...

hope it helps :)

ow, get a claw on your switch with some OW and put a skill point in to venow(or use poinson charms)... OW poison damage would do the trick I think :scratch: not sure about that one

robin

3. -.kreizi.-

lol i thought i knew all the shortkeys, but i guess im wrong : AFAIK?? and OW = open wounds?

4. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

Put pts into fire blast to handle the immunes. It gets a synergy bonus from all of your lightning traps and ends up with very nice damage at high levels.

jrichard

5. -.kreizi.-

yah, that should work til i meet trippli immune, Physical imunne, Lightning Immune, Fire Immune.... then it wont help....

6. strijdje

AFAIK = as far as i know :) srry abou tthat, and yeah OW is open wounds... works great :thumbsup:

robin

7. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

5 max in same time, from you OR you're SW/SM !

For PI/LI you can use poison or fire. and if you have a SM, he has differents sources of damage !

Blood raven could be a real challenge with summon LI more quickly you can kill but in fact nothing (exept anciens) can resist you

8. -.kreizi.-

ok thank you for information. Aincents need to be cycled then:)

9. strijdje

ow and euhm, what about going pure trapper? invest in the Fire traps too, thse are syns for eachother, should do the trick, espacially with a wand with charges of Lower Resit on you switch, i belive i have one with lvl 4 LR and 67 charges or something like that... should work sweeet

robin

10. jrichard

Generally, when you try to boost both fire and lightning traps, you end up with weak damage. Also, wake of inferno has the same damage/targeting problems of all the inferno type skills, so it's a hassle to try and use. That's why fire blast has become the alternate form of damage for pure trapsins. It only takes 20 pts and gets synergy bonuses from all the pts you have in lightning traps. The best you can do is to get one great form of damage, a second good form and add a third from your merc. Anything immune to all three is gonna cause problems, but we're not talking about very many monsters during the whole game who are gonna have three immunities.

jrichard

11. -.kreizi.-

Well im maxing LS, DS, CBS and FB

12. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Putting shockweb can be equally effective. For LI, i read a guide that mention using a jeweler claw with ignore target def socketing a mal and um for openwounds and prevent monster heal. Would be really great with blade fury +skills so you do not need to put any points to it. With that, it MIGHT handle LI. That build focus on killing Non LI with 2-4 hits while handling LIs with Blade fury. Never have the patience to shop for 1 with such great mods though

13. jrichard

Mal and Um, kind of expensive. Try a malice runeword claw (ith+el+eth). Much cheaper. Which brings us to this: for three skill pts, you could get BF, use the malice claw for the OW and PMH, and still get pts into fire blast. Assuming you have fade, you could also drop a pt into venom. 24 pts to have all the LI suggestions here. :)

jrichard