Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about tele staff

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by IntellectSucks, Jul 5, 2010.

1. IntellectSucks

IntellectSucks IncGamers Member

Re: Question about tele staff

Not, it's not because I make the switch from my main weapon to a tele staff constantly without losing skellies. However I think your post helps because I am only going from +2 skills (spirit+rhyme) to +0 skills. You were going from +5 skills to +0skills. I'll try to experiment to see exactly what the cutoff is for instant death, not sure if I have the right gear for it though.

2. XCodes

XCodes IncGamers Member

Revives are *not* skeletons. I don't think the game checks revives at all, otherwise we'd hear about how items like Eternity were bugged (similarly to how Peace is bugged).

3. Gillsing

Gillsing IncGamers Member

But my fishymancer loses his revives instantly when he switches, and now that I've thought about it some more, I think I may have figured out why that is. The thing is that he uses only non-skill specific items, except for the +2 necro head which also comes with a rather insignificant +1 Revive. So I guess that's why the game checks his extra revives while ignoring the ones that my meleemancer uses (he bought himself a Golemmancer wand, so now he can have six revives running around while the skill is only at 3).

And since you've been saying that your extra skeletons go poof instantly, I guess this means that you use an Arm of King Leoric, which gives +skill specifically to skeletons and mages. Now, this doesn't explain how my fishymancer could run around with a fire golem without wielding the +3 Fire Golem wand, because I'm pretty sure that my too-greedy-for-synergies bonemancer lost his Clay Golem as soon as he switched from his +3 Clay Golem head. Maybe I remember it wrong though, and maybe I'll check it out some time.

4. XCodes

XCodes IncGamers Member

As I said in my previous post, I don't use AokL. I've honestly never had one, and don't really like it. The lack of +skill to curses hurts their usability as one-point-wonders. The switches I was talking about was with a Spirit sword and a Trang Wing (as a part of a full Trang's set).

5. Gillsing

Gillsing IncGamers Member

I see. I didn't read that particular post too carefully, but now I realise that you were getting +skills from a set. Perhaps that is why the game reacted instantly, since you lost the special necromancer set bonus? Because my meleemancer doesn't fiddle around with a summoning amulet, and I use the regular W weapon switch key when I change his weapons, not the I and II on the inventory screen. So the weapon switch method shouldn't affect when extra minions go poof.