Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question ^^ about summons+spirit of barbs

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Bigru, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Bigru

Bigru IncGamers Member

question ^^ about summons+spirit of barbs

my first thread here :)

if i used say 3 wolves, and a barb hit me and my spirit of barbs didnt die, would it kill him? thinking cause thats what happens with iron maiden plus skeles, but there are ALOT more skeles, also would it work with a bear?

2. MightyTitans

MightyTitans IncGamers Member

hrm i think the barbs damage is divided by 6, the pvp penalty, and then when the aura works on it and returns damage that is also divided by 6. So, the damage returned would be barb damage divided by 36 times the thorns multiplier from aura....divide by 2 again if he has 50% pdr. So, the damage is not very high from these types of damage in pvp.

3. Bigru

Bigru IncGamers Member

i have a summoner and VERY few can survive one of their own wws, and none can survive 2, but could someone plz try? only requires u to have a wisp ring, anyways i will try this myself later on.

bigru

4. MightyTitans

Hrm, say a barb does 6k, and hits your minions and has 50 pdr. He would take 6000/64 * 5.3 (lvl 20 Spirit of Barbs) = 497 damage per hit. Though, if the minion being hit died, would it be the minions hp that is returned as damage or the full potential damage of the hit that is returned...the case I did above was for ff the full damage was returned. If the first case were true, the damage would be alot less I think, depending on the minions hp.

edit: I'm not sure on 6k as avg damage on barb though...

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Yes

MightyTitans: Why do you divide by 64...shouldn't it be 72?? 1/6 from PvP penalty, 1/6 from thorns penalty and 1/2 from damage reduction

6. MightyTitans

Er yea, I was tired, :D.

7. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I have the flu...so that's no excuse:) That's a pretty hefty penalty, and it can be reduced even further by damage absorb from Gladiator's Bane and such, shouldn't be able to kill very well. Certainly not in 1-2 WW's as Bigru says...maybe we're missing something.

8. harley98

harley98 IncGamers Member

Just a reminder: the spirit of barbs is immune to physical in nightmare but not in normal or hell. So in nightmare it will not take physical damage or return damage its self but everything else in the radius will.

9. Bigru

Bigru IncGamers Member

whoops im stupid, by summoner i meant necro, sry :)

10. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The Player versus Player penalty is 17%, but players do full dmg against minions. In short, don't let the barb hit you if you're out for damage return. Instead, let a minion take the hits.

Edit: IIRC the dmg returned by IM/SoB/Thorns is not affected by PvP (etc) penalties.

11. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

hmm I am pretty sure that when I played classic (1.09 or 1.08) no one used thorns because it was 1/10 damage returned (maybe just the pvp reduction by that time?) So now if the pvp reduction is 1/6, and is it 1 or 1/2 for a minion? Anyhow I guess you could by then just make bramble = 1k% damage return (or 10 times as you can say) and then spam some high life minion at your opponument? Maybe while the person is in WW? It also depends on how fast the Thorns/SoB will affect your minion I guess. Well now I have got my other thread answered ^^