Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about Summoners & DC....

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Starseed, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Question about Summoners & DC....

I just got my lvl 71 Summoner to Hell and I was enroute to the Cemetary for a little MFing with my gang when I start getting the SoJ counter so I decided to amuse myself and wait for it.

Question is, I have 28/28/28 (Skeleton Mastery/Raise Skeletal Warrior/Mage) w/decrep & lvl 9 Clay Golem/Mastery. If I decided to go against DC would I stand a chance in, well.. Hell?

:scratch:

2. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

I have yet to beat him solo with my summoner. Just can't do enough damage to him.

Good Luck!

3. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Well, right now I have 11 skellies (of each) and I figured maybe I could -try- the decrep/golem trick and just keep decrep up on my end.. o_O

Was also thinking of investing all these skill points I've been collecting into something but don't know if I should get bone spear or corpse explosion. I figure maybe the former would also help out a little bit..

Or I could start pumping up my revives now...

4. ToXin

ToXin IncGamers Member

well i was lvl 92 with lvl around 40 skellies annnnd i got destroyed pretty badly. Even with clay golem and decrep my merc died and it went downhill from there.i even resummoned my skellies but in the end, i only had 1 mage and 1 warrior when he died. i think my frineds bonemancer finished him off.

5. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

It's all about:
    35+ slvl skel / mastery
    6+ slvl summon res

HIGH POISON NOVA AND SYNERGIES

good tanking merc

my old necro hunted dc mercilessly, and got me over 10 anni's. i'm rebuilding atm, cuz i want more faster!

g

6. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

We all use decrap and clay golem on the bosses, how would it work if you also equip your merc with Kelpie snare (75% slow). you could socket it with MAL for PMH.
    Has anyone tried this?
    Is there a cap or diminishing returns on the slowing of monsters?

7. gvandale

I'm sure there is a cap on slow, but not 100% sure. As for kelpie: low dmg. Best setup for DC on merc's that I've found has been:
    UM'D GA
    UM'D Gaze
    Eth Bonehew (amn/amn) or Eth Up'd Hone Sundari (amn/amn/amn)

8. kaervek666

kaervek666 IncGamers Member

how exactly do you hunt dc? i never really picked that up.

9. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

You don't hunt for him. When the SOJ counter starts and the message appears you go to the place where a Super Unique will spawn and there is DC.

10. gvandale

you can hunt for him. thought it is harder now that the counter isn't popping off like crazy.

there is a way to search through your connected ip's to tell what server you are connected to.

then just find a server that has a counter going, and keep quitting / creating games until you create one on that server. sit and wait...*voila* hello mr. dc...nice to pwn joo

11. Maestro

Maestro IncGamers Member

So all we have to do now is wait for the soj counter to go off and then rush to the nearest Super Unique and wait.
    That way we'll be guaranteed to get the Diablo Clone ?

12. Dausuul

Dausuul IncGamers Member

I fought him with level 29 SM/RS/RSM (in Hell) and got him down to less than half his hit points, but it involved many, *many* trips to re-summon my army. (Decrep and clay golem doesn't work nearly as well as it does on regular Diablo.) My poison magi kept him from regenerating while I was gone, until I took too long on one trip and came back to find him at full health again. At that point I gave up.

So it can, in theory, be done at about your power level. But it will take you hours and hours, and you have to be quick about each re-summon trip and be sure to have poison magi at all times. By the way, I often found myself using Lower Resist instead of Decrep and using the Clay Golem to distract him from my magi while they pummelled him; he goes through warriors like nobody's business.

Also note that poison nova is pathetic compared to poison magi when it comes to stopping regen. PN stops regen for two seconds a shot. A poison mage stops it for MINUTES with one shot. I can see poison nova if you want to affect a lot of monsters at once, but if you've only got one foe, it's silly to use nova.

13. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

Well, I seem to have had the best luck in killing the DClone out of everyone here. I had 35/35/32 with my Summoner and equipped my Merc with merely a Peasant Crown, Griswold Armor, and a Tomb Reaver (Amn'ed). I used a lvl 12 Clay Golem and Decrepify. My strategy was pretty simple. I went to an area in Stony that had a well nearby. Also, there was a little nest pooping out those crow monsters that poison you. I stood next to the well and would drink from it when my merc started to lose health. When my skellis started to die, I would summon crow corpses.

This worked until the DClone had 1/4 of his life left. The nest got blown up with a few badly placed CE's (I was getting impatient). So, I had to run back to Cold Plains a two or three times to resummon my army. All told, it took about 10 or 15 minutes, but I was never in danger of dying. My merc died twice or three times. I didn't exactly pwn the DClone, but I didn't need any help either. And the Anni? Well it's so so. However, the real prize is the thrill of victory.

Okay, it's not. It's the charm. But it was still fun.

14. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Only rush to the Super Unique AFTER the message "Diablo walks the Earth" has been shown.

15. kaervek666

kaervek666 IncGamers Member

Soo once your in a game that has the soj counter going you just sit tight and wait for DC to make his entrance? (at which point you run off to a nicely placed s. unique)

16. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

I bumped into DC for the first time today. The SOJ counter kept repeating and I figured something was just being flaky until the Diablo Walks the Earth message. I didn't really feel like trying to find him and I was trying to get some items early in Act 3.

I continued on into the Flayer jungle and down into the dungeon. Fought my way down to the bottom level, turned the corner and died. I didn't even know when had hit me. He wasn't even on the screen when I was killed. DC was sitting in the last room of the dungeon, guarding the chest holding one of Khalim's body parts, making all of my time pretty much wasted.

I'm level 79 with 22/24 warrior/mastery. I'm obviously not able to deal with him so I just saved and called it a night.

17. mic pb

mic pb IncGamers Member

i think the real trick in killing dclone is prevent monster heal...no doubt about it..i was using a level 70 bliz sorc and just finishing up some quests in hell when the counter started being bumped..he spawned and i went to den of evil to fight him at corpsefire or whoever that is. I kept dying and i had to use a LOAD of heal pots and tps, when i thought it was getting pointless..so i just threw on a blackhorns face that i had found earlier and started poking with my wiz spike and low AR. it took a couple deaths, but it worked and i ended up killing him in about 5-10 minutes.

always try to have something with PMH, i think its the best thing to use against dclone, no question.

18. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

You can take down DClone with a summoner. You need to have particular equipment for yourself, your merc, and the right summons. Try to have the items handy if you plan to hunt for him.

First just trigger DClone at you place of choice(Stony Field).

For yourself, if you want to live(especially in Hardcore), equip yourself with absorb items such as TGods, Raven Frost, and Dwarf Star. Also get as many full rejuvs as you can for your merc on your belt.

Try to have PMH and Crushing blow on your merc. Guillume's helm, upped Rattlecage or Hone Sudan will work for CB. Bonehew with shaels for PMH and increased amount of hits if you have CB in helm or armor.

As far as summons are concerned, avoid skellies, they don't last long enough. Go to the palace in Act 2 to resurrect as many Blunderbores as you can. They have crushing blow and are good tanks. Also use clay Golem to slow DClone down.

Then go back to Stony Field and run past DClone to get your mob to start pounding on him. Cast decrepify liberally, rejuv your merc when needed, and he should go down within minutes.

Did this in hardcore 5 times. Works like a charm.

19. GordusMxus

GordusMxus IncGamers Member

D Clone summoning

I'm sorry to say many times I've had the soj counter pop up but did not know what it meant, so I've never encountered the clone. So... I spent a couple hours this last weekend studying up on how it happens.
    In a nutshell, D clone is spawned by players on your Bnet server. They have to sell around 75-100+ sojs, on that server, to get the clone to spawn. At some point of soj selling the World Event is triggered. Then everyone on that server in a hell lvl game, gets the D clone. If you are in a normal or nightmare game you still get the message, but no clone. So the idea is once the counter pops up, you know someone is selling sojs, but you have no idea how many or if it is enough to spawn the clone. So you could just wait around for hours and have nothing happen, or it could happen right away.

They say Blizz came up with this angle to rid the realms of 1.09 duped sojs, and it has been working. Consensus is that world events are happening less and less because the supply of sojs has been used up.

Its very frustrating to have played so many hours and never have this occur.
    I think Blizz should modify it to make it more accessible to all of us so that not just an elite few run around with bags full of annis.

20. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Clone is difficult with a Summoner and takes alot of time to do so.

My Venomacer was able to do so in a 4 player game, but didn't have much help with me also.

Solo is much easier, and I have 2 times.

HoSv1