Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question About Summon Necro Skill Placement

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by CameronFoster, May 8, 2005.

1. CameronFoster

CameronFoster IncGamers Member

Question About Summon Necro Skill Placement

I am Level 75.

Using:

Ist Wiz

Ist Shako

BP Enigma

Upgraded Goldwrap

2x Perfect Nagels

40 Chancies

50 Travs

Ist Homoc

30 Mara

Maybe 16x 7%s

3x Summon Gc's

Skills

Curse:

1 In Decrip and all prereq.

Psn and Bone

1 Bone Armor, Bone Wall, Teeth

20 Corpse Explosion

Summon

20 Skelly Mastery

20 Skelly

X amount in Skelly Mage (going to max)

1 In everything else except Fire golem.

I really like this build, he is a lot of fun. I will max Mage by 82, so my queston is what should I put into next? Revies or Summon Resist?

Also I have another question, does Iron golem's thorns spread to all my minions?

Thanks

CF

2. leddan

leddan IncGamers Member

I'd do just 1 point in revives. Your plus skill items will make that more than enough revives for you. With the 3 minute timer on them, they'll help you finish off a bad situation. More points really isn't needed there. Summon resist is an option. You could also add more to your bone skills for a backup attack or more in bone armor.

From what I understand the Iron Golem's "thorns" does not spread to your other minions. You can add a "bramble" on your merc for the added thorns damage though. I use one on my Act 2 might mercenary.

3. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

You don't need that many into Corpse Explosion, 20 seems like overkill. Revives are probably a good idea though, especially considering that you have an Enigma so they don't get lost. The rest of the points could probably be put into some Summon Resist.

4. CameronFoster

I think I will go with summon resists.

Someone told me that corpse explosion is very good with summons.

With 10 Skellies, having been bo'ed and with Might from merc I am crusing through hell.

The corpse explosion has a radius of 12 yards so it deals some big damage.

For example: I am cowing my merc (hell).

The skellies kill one cow in a group of a dozen.

I corpse explosion, severly damaging all cows, somethimes even killing the entire pile (if it gives of 100% damage based on life.) If they dont die, my skellies kill a few more and I corpse explosion one more time, and all the cows are dead.

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm seeing you have considerable wealth and this is not a fcr dependent build why not go for a 'Silence' crystal sword? It has +2 skills/75 res all and 30mf and if you feel u need some fcr perhaps switch out floves or belt for trangs or arach's? I use HOTO/Enigma for my bone/summon mf necro as he needs fcr for spear/spirit and emloy a might merc using Insight poleam and i find it adequate for me to tele, CE and spam artillery w/o drinking a blue hehe. I would max mages a.s.a.p as with Enigma they'd do a nice stream of ele dmg and come back to CE afters for nicer radius :p Ya find it lots of fun hell cowing with summoner based necros so cheers!

6. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Corpse Explosion really rocks.

7. rubberband shooter

rubberband shooter IncGamers Member

There is no problem with maxing corpse explosion. The increased range might not help much with melee monster, but it will help killing any ranged attcker standing behind.

Don't put too many points in summon resist, it suffers serious diminshing returns. With the +skills from your gear, you only need one point in it.

You can try any of the AI curses (dim vision, confusion and attract). They help against those dangerous ranged attacker like gloams for example.

8. Dragonmaster

Dragonmaster IncGamers Member

Personally I think max corpse explosion is <3 with summon builds.

If you don't do a hybrid with poison or bone, it really has that HUZZAH GG NO RE WTF NOOGS damage to round out your skellies immortal wall of "can't touch this". Iron Golem's thorns is only a self-buff iirc. More than one in revives is really overkill IMO.

So yeah basically whatever everyone else said

9. Crashlander

Crashlander IncGamers Member

For a mancer with loads of minions you could put 5 or more points in decrep, but I don't leave home without my confuse skill.
    Put 5 (with +skills) points in confuse for a big radius and long timer and it ties up mobs beautifully and has ranged attackers killing each other. I always find mobs of venom lords a bit vicious with other characters but once confused they just get busy cooking each other instead while my skellies cut them up from behind. :thumbsup:

10. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I'd say LR and then one point in the revives. Since you have a lot of mages, LR is handy for those enemies with physical immune and that other mod that makes them even hardier against physical attacks.

Why on earth did you put an Ist in a Shako? P-Topaz only gives 1% less MF.

11. CameronFoster

Because I can.

Thansk for advice everyone.