Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about Str glitch and corpse pickup

Discussion in 'PvP' started by churinga, Apr 15, 2008.

1. churinga

churinga IncGamers Member

Question about Str glitch and corpse pickup

Hi, if I'm relying on some of my gears to provide str for my other gears, is it counted as str glitch? So, if I do so, for example, my Engima+Gloves provide str for my helm, then when I die, can I pick up the corpse with a single click? If I die for many times (<16), and rejoin the game, will it be dangerous to lose items? Thanks!

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: Question about Str glitch and corpse pickup

You will be able to pick it up with a single click but if you remove enigma or the glove, then you won't be able to pick up the helmet at once.

As long as all of your items are on one corpse, you can die as many times as you want before leaving the game but becareful that you aren't wearing anything/have anything on another corpse as you will lose whichever costs lost to vendor.

3. churinga

Thanks! :tongue: Does it mean that if I die, I just need to make sure my body is "clean", i.e. not to wear anything on myself before picking up the corpse, and I will be fine no matter how many times I die or whether I leave the game and rejoin?

4. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

Ernir's Things you SHOULD know about d2, section 10

5. churinga

I did an experiment today... My COA needs Engima to add str to be equipped. And I have my friend kill me twice, and reentered the game. I could still re-equip everything with a single click on the corpse... How to explain this? :undecided:

6. mephiztophelez

i'd put it down to:
    bottom line: once you do your strength stat-spend on your character, do a test to make sure you can pick everything up before dumping everything into vitality.

7. churinga

Yeah, I agree... I have a Barb that usually can pick up his corpse in one click (he also depends on gears to add str for other gears, but no glitch). However, yesterday, he died twice in Uber. Between two death, he didn't equip anything else, and wasn't able to pick up his first corpse. Then, when he rejoined the game, he could only pick up a few items on the corpse, with the rest items gone... :cry: So, maybe a successful test isn't even enough... Am I missing anything?

8. churinga

Also, what if the test fails? Although it indicates my base str is not enough, will I actually lose items by conducting such tests?

9. mephiztophelez

you shouldn't lose anything doing the test. i mean, the person who's helping you is a friend yeah?

if you can't pick up your corpse in the first click, try clicking again. if that doesn't work, remove some charms from your inventory and the unequippable items should go in the inventory.

10. dainbramage

dainbramage IncGamers Member

So long as you're not killed while half-equipped (i.e. creating two equipped corpses, then NK'd/dropped out of the game), you're sweet.

If you don't want to test with a friend, join a pvp game and say "i R nub kill me pl0x", then rejoin after you're killed to have your corpse in town.

11. churinga

So, let me make it clear: the principle should be -- never wear *anything* on yourself when you have one or more corpse out there before you can pick up all of them, then I will be safe. Is that right? Thanks!

12. churinga

One more question regarding to this issue: even if i cannot pick up the corpse by one click, can i clear like 4x2 inventory space, and pick up the gears from the corpse one by one with multiple clicks (possibly more than two clicks) until everything is back? Thanks.

13. dainbramage

dainbramage IncGamers Member

There needs to be enough room for everything that doesn't get put on you to go into your invent.

As for corpses - make sure that you don't have gear in more than one place (except stash/inventory), so that if you're forced to leave the game, it will all be recovered (as only one corpse will follow, and that is the corpse with the most 'valuable' items by gold).

14. churinga

If there is not enough room in my inventory to pick up everything not put on me, can I get partial gear into the inventory by clicking on the corpse, put them to stash, and click the corpse again to collect the remaining gears?

15. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Yes, but that might be difficult to pull off and dangerous in a pub game. Best technique as mentioned above is to have a friend kill you in a private game to check if you can pick up your body.

16. churinga

Could you please explain why it is dangerous in pub games? Will my gears just explode out of my corpse? :shocked:

I did the test with my friend. I had him kill me twice consecutively, with the second time naked. And I rejoined the private game, and could pick up the corpse with one single click. Does that mean I will be safe all the time, as long as I'm not half-equipped in the future? Thanks! :grin:

17. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

The principle is if you can pick up corpse don't equip other gear to pick up the first corpse, you will lose the respective item if you rejoin the game, i.e you equip belt for more str, you lose the belt you had on before etc. you can only do that in the same game , easiest way to deal with all that is as suggested above put charms in stash then all gear will be in inv. Generally you need to stats your char like this, use all gear that gives you min possible str bonus then add enough to cover for the heaviest item (coa in this case) then you are set. Example: say you use trangs/nigma/gores/arach/beast, equip those and add enough to str to be able to equip coa. when you switch to dracks you will have added more str so you will not be bugged, and NEVER rely on rings to add str for you unless you are not swaping them ever.