Question about stormlash and avengers

aman

Assassin Moderator
Question about stormlash and avengers

Since i won hepcat's auction i got my self a grizz caddy and a stormlash.

First question.

I have an avenger ready to use full Griswalds set and have loads of spare sockets , should i just fill them up with max damage/min damage jewels also what abput ed Jewels ?

Second question

Since stormlash is a special item im going to make a character to use it though i can't decide what so you can all help me :grin:

Frenzy Barb
Zealot
Dtalon sin
Some other buld

herobomberman

Diabloii.Net Member
my borther wants to know what he should do with stormlash too....

ill keep an eye on this thread... he is leaning towards a pally.. so just a plain fanatic zealer is the best option?

nebux

Diabloii.Net Member
all are good for 'lash. build one mat7pat and build another.
make a frenzy barb first. lash+oath scourge

Skinny

Banned
aman said:
Since i won hepcat's auction i got my self a grizz caddy and a stormlash.

First question.

I have an avenger ready to use full Griswalds set and have loads of spare sockets , should i just fill them up with max damage/min damage jewels also what abput ed Jewels ?
As I understand it, the best jools to put in Griswold's are ED/+min damage and ED/IAS in weapon and +min damage and IAS to reach the desired BP in other items

Asmodeous

Diabloii.Net Member
Now why didn't you put "attn asmo" in the title thread? :cool:

1). griswolds avengers are a very powerful and useful set up. You need 105% ias for 8fps, or a mere 60% for 9 fps. Both are a snap with the 40% built in and loads of sockets. There are two tricks to getting huge damage from an grissy avenger. the first is easier which is ed jewels/runes in the weapon. ed/min or max jewels work properly in weapons. For the rest of the set sockets, do not use ed jewels. These do not boost elemental damage of vengeance. Use min/max damage.
My set up has ohms/ed jewels in the weapon, a 9-14 & 27 max damage jewel in the hat, 3 x min damage (4,6,8) of fervor in the armor and another 4 min/ias jewel in the shield along with another max damage jewel and an Um. Then mix in war travs, string of ears, blood fist and ring/amulet to taste. You need about 6-8% mana leech to run level 30 vengeance. Net result is around 6 kay average damage at 8 fps.

Then there is Ted's min damage grissy. 9 fps but his gear has ed/min damage in the weapon, and the rest min damage jewels. He is getting around 8 kay average damage at 9 fps.

edit: here is his pat thread for it. http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=466564&highlight=griswold

If you need some jewels, let me know, im sure I have a few extras atm.

Stormlash is one of those toys that you just have to make a character for. Zealers and frenzy barbs are the most common. Unless you want to be different. Maybe the sin could be a nice project. Not really sure as I actually dont own one myself.

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
Asmo, is it better to use min jewels or max jewels in the helm, armour and shield? My hunch is that min is better, as it will give a tighter damage range.