Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about SP play

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sunflowersmooth, Sep 2, 2006.

1. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

Question about SP play

I'm still interested in bnet play, but SP play seems like an immensely different game. I am interested in giving it a try. I hear it is possible to duel, trade, and baal together from time to time and the concept really intrigues me now.

1. I play bnet diablo on a comp that isnt suspected to be keylogged. The question is, is it completely safe to play SP on possible a keylogged computer? Does that matter?

2. Secondly, I never even knew it was possible to play multi player in SP until a few months ago. How do I get started? Simply make a character in SP and download atma?

3. Where do I download atma?

Thanks for any responses.

2. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Check the single player forum, for atma.

If your comp's keylogged, it's not just dangerous for d2. Even if you don't play on the realms, the information's still sent back to whoever logged you. This would be -everything- you type. Paypal passwords, bank accounts, email accts/passes, forum stuff (if no cookied login), just everything. Knowing its there and not fixing it's like giving someone the keys to your house, on the hope that they wont actually visit/Loot you.

Run your antivirus, and then eWido antimalware as a start.

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Firstly, check out the single player community (http://forums.diabloii.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3) if you haven't done so. They'll probably be able to answer some of your questions better (such as general guidelines for SP trading, etc).

Generally, the purpose of a keylogger is to get access to passwords and stuff. So if you do not actually log into anything sensitive on the suspected key-logged computer, then it isn't really a big deal, though personally I still wouldn't use it, but only because it would bother me that a keylogger was on there.

I guess that would depend on what method you plan on playing multiplayer (open battle.net or straight TCP/IP). If you plan on interacting with the users at the SP forum above, then I guess you should probably see what they do, and go from there.

http://atma.diabloii.net/

4. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

thanks to you guys both for the info.