Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about sorc STAT points..

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Starseed, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Starseed

Starseed IncGamers Member

Question about sorc STAT points..

Well, after completely [email protected]*(&!*( my orb/lit sorc up, I decided to go the metorb route. I have the skills and (most of) my gear set out but my main question is stat placement suggestions..

Right now, I -was- planning on using the first 32 lvls to max str/nrg (85 & 75 respectively) then dumping the rest into dex (to keep rhyme at 60%) and once that's accomplished, focus on Vit, dumping points into dex periodically as my chance to block drops..

However, I was alternately thinking of keeping my shield on switch for MF and going with a staff as my main wep.. this way I could forget dex and focus purely on vit.

I also wasn't planning on a merc, since I really don't have the time (or patience) to level one up.. so I'm not sure if a shield would be more important without a tank.

2. warding

warding Banned

Should really try for a higher blocking shield and get enough dex for 75 block.
    Str is max for equip, so best to know what your equip is.
    Energy isn't needed at all, I think, or maybe just a few points.
    Rest in Vit.

Most important in this order: Dex > Vit > Str > Energy I think :)

3. Starseed

That's most of the reason why I wanna get str/nrg out of the way first, so they're over and done with.. since I don't have any +mana starting out. The reason I wanna get my str to 85 is for Tals armor, so I pretty much have no intention of raising it past that, but if I can get by with no points in nrg even without item boosts early on, then all the better. :)

4. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

i would recommend 0 energy.

the first 20 levels will be *** with 0 energy. use a scepter and mellee the first 15-20 levels with frost nova to freeze em (kinda like a barb using warcry:))
    you swich to magic when your fireball is at a level where it starts to hurt and you have the mana to support it.

first get some vita for survivability and strength (not much) needed for the scepter.

slowly increase str as new equipment requires it.

start dex when you expect to have a usefull shield with high block.

meanwhile you are always aiming at vita, and 0 energy.

5. screw

screw IncGamers Member

Do it like i did, Fill half your belt with mana pots and FIREBALL AWAY!
    It rocks I tell you. By the time i use up the pots, ive already found more than enough on the ground
    Get some chipped sapphires in ur armor.
    Have fun.
    Throw javelins and knives.
    Throw potions.
    Use wirts leg.
    Fun, fun fun fun fun.
    Lighten Up, first 30 levels dont matter at all.

6. Starseed

Actually, I'm using the Hellforge hammer and while I'm in act 1 it ROCKS! haha.

Okay, so I won't waste my time with mana, then. I suppose I still want to at least max str. first so it's out of the way but after that I'll prolly just pump up vit 'til 29, then when I can use my shield, dex to get good blocking.. then back to vit.

Hmmm..sounds simple enough. :)

7. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

Like Starseed said , Hellforge Hammer or Khalims Will (not flail) will totally rock on acts 1 and 2 and I dont think you need mana since cold nova need low.

Chill them with nova, then melee the hell out of them with Hammer or Will. Cant be easier ;)