Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about socketing jewels

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by scottee, May 30, 2008.

1. scottee

scottee IncGamers Member

Question about socketing jewels

Though I'm currently quite a long way off from having the full gris set to play with, I'm still looking at the set and trying to figure out the most effective way to socket it for a min-damage build.

To figure this out, I need to know a few things: If I socket two separate jewels into the set, one with +min damage and one with +%ed, will the +min damage be multiplied by the %ed? Will it, in effect, become part of the weapon's "base" damage? Does it make a difference where the jewels are socketed?

Thanks for any replies!

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Question about socketing jewels

1. Do never put ED% and min/max jewels in the same item, this is bugged and as a result you will lose that ED% (it will display, but never work). If you have a min/ED% jewel, it is best off in your scepter.

2. ED% and min/max mods will apply to your Vengeance damage (this is what you build, right?), BUT:

2a. While the min/max jewels work well with Vengeance in any piece of equipment, the ED% does NOT.

2b. ED% in your weapon will "add up" to your on-weapon ED% (200-240% in case of Gris Caddy), but ED% in other set parts counts as "off-weapon ED%", and will only magnify your physical attack, not increasing Vengeance damage. Still helps leeching, but because of ED% bug, it's not wise to use up all the slots in one of set parts for only ED% jewels. They are better off with min jewels.

3. scottee

scottee IncGamers Member

Yeah, I was looking at an avenger. Okay, so if I put 40%ed/10 min jewels in the scepter, and then 25 min jewels in all the other sockets (yeah right- I'm SP so that'll never happen, but it sounds good :), that's the best (pure damage) way to go? Obviously I'd end up using some of those slots for other, utility socketables, but that would gain the most possible damage?

4. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

I'd think so. I may be not entirely right, so let's wait for some guru (like RTB) to answer this. Preliminary though - yes.