Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about skill allocation for a V/T

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Mana, May 9, 2005.

1. Mana

Mana IncGamers Member

Question about skill allocation for a V/T

I was just wondering has any v/t calculated the best balance between Foh/HolyShock/Conviction with the remaining skill points left after maxing the V side?

I would do so myself but Math is just not my thing. So if anyone has done some experimenting/calculations. Please leave your results here and thanks in advance to all posters.

2. rare

rare IncGamers Member

You have to do your calculations on your own; some vts have wiz/4 Lo shield on their FOH side, which means no +skills. Others use hoz and hoto, which is a lot f + skills. Others use FOH swords/scepters or whatever, which are+3 foh and/or 3+conv. It depends what you wear.

Theres a skill planner that'll help you. max out all the smite skills, and whatever skill points you have left (probably 30~...it's been a while since I made my vt), will need to be juggled around foh and hshock. Most vts put only 1 point on conviction; either they are not prepared for foh and it'll hurt, or they're prepared and stacking LR, so not even lvl25 conv will hurt them.

So just start with say, 15 foh 15 hshock and 1 conv. Then try 14 foh 16 hshock, keeping that 1 on convic the entire time. Keep going until you get the highest. It doesnt take that long, I think Hshock has to end up higher than foh, since you'll have all those combats to boost FOH already.

Its not really figuring it out mathematically, just sit there for 5 minutes juggling numbers around.

3. Mana

Mana IncGamers Member

Ok. I'll do that once I find the time but first... Another skill allocation question for a V/T.

Did I screw up my vt by putting 1 point into vigor and 1 into each presequite?

4. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

no. most v/ts do that as a matter of course (vigor is incredibly useful). most also get a point into salvation.

--welt

5. Mana

Mana IncGamers Member

Whew... Thats a relief. Then my next question is... Are the skills salvation and meditation really worth it?

On another note about optimiazing FoH it seems that the more +conbatskills you can get the less FoH you eventually end up needing yet more Holy Shock but I don't think its really possible to get that many (high 20's) especially not for me.

6. Weltkriegpally

well, salvation is one I usually get. there are times when it has its uses (think pub duel with a varmint foh pally going around and the place is full of fireball sorcs.), but I personally have never found a use for meditation, although many swear by it. I would say that one is your call.

also, check out strength_honors v/t optimization guide. He could tell you what you need for foh in there.

--welt

7. rare

rare IncGamers Member

meditation is incredibly useful for a team, and you yourself can regenerate your entire mana pool and about 150~ life in just a matter of 10 seconds of less.

sh's optimization was done with a v/t at level 99 though, so it will vary...unless your vt is 99, of course. But he has a bunch of math, maybe you could plug numbers in to fit your paladin.

8. Weltkriegpally

regen life is all good, I suppose, but at times I find it kind of cheap. However, I reallize I am not the only dueler out there and everyone has their uses for it. As far as mana regen goes, I have about 3xx mana and I never need to regen it for a duel (exception:: 8 or 7 fpc teleporting sorcs that have to be charged down and killed), but I don't use meditation for that. I just dodge projectiles and wait the 3 seconds its going to take to get enough mana to finish the duel.

--welt