Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about re-rolling gcs

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by DarthLeader, May 10, 2008.

1. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

Question about re-rolling gcs

Hi all,

I want to start re-rolling gcs to get some good skillers, but I have some questions:

1) Are ilvl 99 the highest lvl gcs you can get ?
    2) How to be sure it's a ilvl 99 gc while being legit ?
    3) They're supposed to drop from hell baal ?
    4) Got any re-rolling experiences that you would like to share ?

Thanks a lot for your help :thumbsup:
    DarthLeader

2. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Re: Question about re-rolling gcs

yes though you don't need them. All you need is a charm with high enough ilvl, ilvl 99 is overkill - however, it doesn't make any difference, as long as...

The only way to know a charm is of high enough ilvl is to see the +41 life mod - or you have to see it drop yourself. If it doesn't have the +41 life mod, you can't be sure it's a good charm.
    I don't think you can know it's legit state, heck, I didn't even know they dupe those.

... as long as they are dropped by baal, diablo or Nihlathak. Just make syre ir comes from Nihlathak and not one of his minions.
    [edit] in hell off course[/edit]

nope, though I can tell you this. Don't give up to soon, in the end, you'll get your skiller.

3. DarthLeader

DarthLeader Banned

Does clvl affects rerolling or rerolling with my lvl 1 mule will give the same results as my lvl 95 barb ?

DarthLeader

4. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

clvl does not affect rerolling (in this case, at least).

5. nerdly

nerdly IncGamers Member

1) Yes, from Baal. Level 95 drop from Nihlithak, and these are also acceptable.
    2) I assume you mean that you don't want to use cheats or hacks to reveal the ilvl of the item? The only way to do this would be to see it drop yourself, or as NASE suggested if it has mods that are only allowed on a ilvl 95+ GC.
    3) I only know of Hell Baal, and Nihlithak, but NASE seems to know what he's talking about.
    4) I went through 1 characters worth of GC's and got 1 skiller with no life. The only reason to use the ilvl 95+'s is to get the +skill with 41+ life on the GC. This will also be very rare. If all you want is to roll skillers, you can use basically any GC after act 3 I believe.

6. HSDuke

HSDuke IncGamers Member

I agree with only rerolling gc's from diablos, nil or baal. I used to reroll tons of gc's, some of them would eat away well over a hundred gems before i would see a skiller, sometimes i would get lucky and get a skiller the first time.

I would like to add the best skillers I'v ever gotten have come from baal, which also took the most gems to get. Although you can get a plain +1 skiller from other gc drops outside of diablo, baal and nil. IIRC mephisto drops high enough Ilvl to get a skiller which is only a level 42 item? Been awhile so I could be wrong.

I'v had well over 50 skillers from rerolls (since 1.10), 80% of them were plain +1 ,either with no mod or a lame mod. Baal gets the best +1 + mods.
    Of all the skillers I'v ever rerolled I'v only gotten 1 pally combat, lol.

PS: I am not sure but I think you want to do your rerolling in hell mode, IIRC its where I got the best results.

7. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Any gc from Nightmare Great Marsh upwards can reroll a skiller. So yes, nm and hell Mephs give potential skillers.

If you want to reroll a plain skiller, do it with a gc from nm Great Marsh or Flayer Jungle for biggest probability.

8. canudig

canudig IncGamers Member

uhh...difficulty doesn't matter......also I think charms from hell baal, diablo and nith are all 'the same' in that they have access to the mods people desire the most (+skill and 41+ life)

9. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

The charms from hell baal, diablo, nihlthak all have access to the same mods. They are generally referred to as ilvl99 charms, even though strictly speaking the baal ones are the only ones that are actually ilvl 99.

10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Just to break it down in one post with accurate info:

- A GC needs ilvl 50+ to be a skiller
    - A GC needs ilvl 91+ to spawn 41-45 life (hell D (94) B (99) and N (95) can drop these in 1.10+)
    - An ilvl 50 GC has around 1:21.9 chance to roll a skiller on any given roll
    - An ilvl 91+ GC has around 1:22.9 chance to roll a skiller on any given roll
    - Any GC dropped past NM great marsh can be a skiller, but some monsters before can as well:
    - Lister The Tormentor with mob, and Baal on normal
    - Radament, Fangskin, Duriel, Fire Eye and some other assorted NM act 2 bosses including bosses/minions/champions in the tombs.
    - Any pgem including skulls can be used. Any level character.
    - Any ilvl50+ GC can give you a skiller, but as ilvl increases, possible affixes increase, which basically means that if you just want life on your skiller, go with ilvl 91+ ones, since these have all the life suffixes avalable, and thus a higher chance of rolling one.

11. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Great Marsh works as well. So do the Arachnid Lair and Spider Cavern. I normally say past the NM Spider Forest.

12. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

So we could say "GCs found anywhere in act 3 NM and beyond, excluding "Spider Forest", can be skillers."