Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about Rares

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ali Babarian, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Ali Babarian

Ali Babarian IncGamers Member

Question about Rares

I was just wondering, why aren't there rare items with +2 All Skills and +2 Specific Tree? I thought that so long as the ILVL of the item was high enough, any modifiers of that ILVL and below could be on the rare. Have I misunderstood how the ILVLs and modifiers work, or is there some special reason there arent +4 skills rares?

2. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Re: Question about Rares

Yes, it´s quite simple. There are a bunch of different affix categories, and a rare can only pick one affix from a particular category. The +class skills and the +skill trees are in the same category.

Amazon-specific spears, javelins and bows are somewhat special, since they have +(1-3) to skill tree as 'automod'. The +3 is magic-only (and white/grey-only). So a rare amazon weapon can indeed get +2 Amazon and +2 to skill tree. Or +4 to skill tree. A magical amazon weapon can get +2 Amazon skills and +3 skill tree, or +6 to skill tree.

3. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

If you look at the arreat summit, you see that some mods are displayed in blue, and others in yellow. The blue ones can occur blue but not rare items, while the yellow ones can occur on either. The +3 skilltree mods can't occur on rares. This make certain blue items worth looking at... good design in my book. +2 all skills only occurs on sets/uniques.

4. Corale

Corale IncGamers Member

The only (?) exception to this is the Circlet family of helmets. A rare circlet can spawn some mods that rare items cannot normally spawn. I am not sure if there is a special rule here or if they can simply spawn all affixes usually limited to magical items.

5. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Circlets simply have additional affixes available. No "special" rule, they're just a different class of item, so they have different things available. The Arreat Summit gives a full list, and the affix calculator can show you what is available for a particular item.