Question about rainbow facet

HumbartWessel

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about rainbow facet

I have found two of the rainbow facets, the cold and poison. If the poison casts venom on lvl up and cold casts bliz when u die, what do the others do?

yeah, im not gonna try competeing with the arreat summit or anything, but to clarify, there are 8 facets, 4 'levels' and 4 'dies' as they are called .. 1 level and 1 die for each element (cold, fire, lightning, poison). for ex., a fire level has a 100% chance to cast (insert obscenely high level fire skill here) when you gain a level while a fire die facet has a 100% chance to cast (insert a different obscenely high level fire skill here) when you die. the die facets tend to be worth more though .. not exactly sure why but maybe so you can clear your corpse and get it easily? i always thought levels were cooler since you can at least be there to see it :D

finally, number A/number B denotes the +% to elemental damage and -% to enemy resistance respectively, when discussing trading them

final example: a 4/5 fire level facet has:

100% ctc lvl 29 blaze when you lvl
+17-45 fire damage to attack
+4% to your fire damage coming from a SKILL - adds (blank fire damage) from itamz doesnt get multiplied
-5% to enemy fire res - only applies for your attacks

hope this helped, cya

dang79

Diabloii.Net Member
itsPizzarific said:
yeah, im not gonna try competeing with the arreat summit or anything, but to clarify, there are 8 facets, 4 'levels' and 4 'dies' as they are called .. 1 level and 1 die for each element (cold, fire, lightning, poison). for ex., a fire level has a 100% chance to cast (insert obscenely high level fire skill here) when you gain a level while a fire die facet has a 100% chance to cast (insert a different obscenely high level fire skill here) when you die. the die facets tend to be worth more though .. not exactly sure why but maybe so you can clear your corpse and get it easily? i always thought levels were cooler since you can at least be there to see it :D

finally, number A/number B denotes the +% to elemental damage and -% to enemy resistance respectively, when discussing trading them

final example: a 4/5 fire level facet has:

100% ctc lvl 29 blaze when you lvl
+17-45 fire damage to attack
+4% to your fire damage coming from a SKILL - adds (blank fire damage) from itamz doesnt get multiplied
-5% to enemy fire res - only applies for your attacks

hope this helped, cya
What I read from somewhere was that DIES are more expensive because you die a whole lot more than you level.

Except on hardcore lol.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
dang79 said:
What I read from somewhere was that DIES are more expensive because you die a whole lot more than you level.

Except on hardcore lol.
Well, as the previous poster said: you have a better chance of getting your body back then (for PVM).

Now imagine having a cold, fire, poison and lightning facet (for PVP).

Should you die in a duel, your opponent gets a lvl37 blizzard + lvl31 meteor + lvl51 poison nova + lvl47 chain lightning. I think it's safe to say that anyone who kills you will probably die himself :D

dang79 said:

Except on hardcore lol.
yep i said dies are worth more, i just like levels more since you can have the fun of being there when the skill triggers

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
itsPizzarific said:
yep i said dies are worth more, i just like levels more since you can have the fun of being there when the skill triggers
personally, i dont really care between lvl or die facets b/c their difference is so insignificant. I survived after killing someone in a duel who had 3 or 4 different die facets. You just have to have the right resists. Anyway, its not the die or lvl mod that attracts ppl to these jewels, its the +% and -% thats good.

happyfamine

Diabloii.Net Member
i just want to point out for anyone planning on using (the death spell aspect of) these in pvp that there is no point in having multiple facets of the same type. ie, if you have two death fire facets two meteors are not cast, you just have 200% to cast meteor on death.

i have a character that makes use of facets on a merc to deal with high level melee chars that come into mid level duel games (west-hc). in hardcore duel games high levels will sometimes come in and camp outside town to piss people off and get them to bring their own high levels in. the campers are usually around level 70 and try to get people to bring in their level 90ish mfers for easy kills. my char is lvl 42 and decked out like a zealot. he is in fact an avenger and has lvl 30 conviction active when i weapon switch. his merc is a barb with a 4s armor that has one of each death facet (3/3s, cheap to trade for) and a faster r/w circlet. i run out and switch when my barb gets close. he almost always dies in the first hit. the poison and lightning make them chicken everytime before the meteor even hits, i've never gotten an ear. its fun though.