Question about Pride for Merc

safetypro

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Pride for Merc

I posted this in the Druid Forum and didn't get any responses. I know you're not supposed to cross post but I'm hoping the more diverse audience in the Community Forum can address my question. The question can also apply to several builds and classes as it is generic to any act 2 merc.

I've been looking at Pride as a possible weapon for my Werebear's Merc. I like the Concentration aura and the effect that it will have on my damage as well as the summons however, there is no enhanced damage mod in the runeword and I'm worried that my merc will not do enough damage to make him viable. Does anyone have experience using Pride on their merc? If so, could you please share your thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
safetypro

Rabbitz

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes.

Anytime a merc needs Pride. Ignore the merc, and by that I mean.. he just became and auraslave.

Pride ( got one in a voulge for lowest possible damage) + Kira's guardian ( ber'd) and Guardian Angel ( Ias/Res jewel)

He's quite study and doesnt die often ( actually, only when im lazy and dont bother saving him from a superunique with nasty mods)

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't think level 15 conc (or whatever) is about as good as 300% ed on the weapon?

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't think level 15 conc (or whatever) is about as good as 300% ed on the weapon?
iirc on weapon ed and of weapon ed have different places in the calculations. On weapon ed would work on the weapons base damage and then the new damage gets boosted by the off weapon ed, lets say the following:

weapon damage = 10
on weapon ed = 300% (just some runeword)
off weapon ed = 500% (fort + might)
damage (simple without taking stats or much else in consideration) would then be = 10*3.00*5.00= 150

weapon damage = 10
on weapon ed = 0% (pride)
off weapon ed = 800% (fort + might + concentration)
damage (simple without taking stats or much else in consideration) would then be = 10*8.00= 80

far less ... you'll have to balance on weapon and off weapon ed for best results.

safetypro

Diabloii.Net Member
hmmmm, seems to be mixed opinions on the subject. Let's assume that I did go to an eth Pride CV on my merc. He'd also be using Fortitude and probably an Andy's for the plus skills, LL and str to use the CV. He'll be a Blessed Aim merc as I need the AR for this build. I'm a Werebear/Summoner with tons of plus skills. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the various merc weapon choices? Which would be best suited to my build? Anyone care to weigh in?

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
You could always go infinity for the merc for the conviction. Lowers enemies defense, you will be unstoppable.

Plus that allows you to get a might merc, and now your merc will be worthwhile as the extreme damage and cb on infinity are pretty good.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
If you aren't using a might merc you may well need that Conc aura. I don't think it's a big deal your merc isn't a big killer, if you're really worried about it you could give him crushing or something so his attacks aren't completely worthless.