Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question about pkers

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by diinecro, Sep 3, 2006.

1. diinecro

diinecro IncGamers Member

question about pkers

my friend got pked in hardcore nightmare in WS3 and he says he was hostiled, tons of type messages popped up and he was killed, all happening at the same time. has anyone heard of this ? when someone hostiles they can't use tp and wps for 10 sec, so i figured as long as your not right outside of town u can always press escape and exit. so how do people still get pked ?

2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Iirc there is something called TPPK, where the pker makes a tp, places traps, launches hammers or something else that does damage, goes to town and instantly hostiles.
    This effect causes the spell to last for a split second (or 2), sometimes enough to kill someone who's in that place.

The only thing you can do is exit when you see someone make a tp.

3. Nilaripper

Nilaripper IncGamers Member

If you play public games on hell HCl with people you dont know the probability to be TPPKed is like 99.99 %.These people start a script by pressing a button:
    They shoot iceblasts at you, press button and you are dead.The only chance to survive this one-hit kill is high life/stacked-resis/absorb gear which no beginner has.Save and exit? no way.

4. diinecro

diinecro IncGamers Member

thanks for clearing that up for me

5. adecoy

adecoy IncGamers Member

its such a cowardly way to kill someone, this is why i dont play hardcore, adolescents doing stuff like TPPK ruin things in games nowadays

6. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

That's exactly why I don't play HC either, and because of lags too. Just yesterday, we were in the throne room, big lag, dead... hopefully I was playing softcore :grin:.

7. Wordplay

Wordplay IncGamers Member

You should, since hardcore has a different feeling in it. There is a very simple way to avoid TPPK: once you finish nightmare, no pubs. At all. Learned this the hard way. ;)