Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about party xp

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by gl0ves, Mar 11, 2017.

1. gl0ves

gl0ves IncGamers Member

Hi there! :)

First off, I've learned pretty much all I know about diablo from this site, and I thank you for that!

But with that said, there is one thing I haven't been able to find an answer to, possibly because it's comepletely wrong. So now I'm here making my first post on this site since I figured this is the best place to ask. :)

Anyways, a friend once told me that the experience your party receives is reduced if you've completed normal (or nightmare) if you're partied up and leveling in normal. I've been looking all over the interwebs for some concrete facts about this but I haven't been able to find anything on the subject. So now I feel like this site is my best and final option to finally find an answer to this question.

The reason that I'm asking is because I've made a tristrunner to help people level from 1-15, keeping my level low (15 to early 20s) so they gain as much xp as possible, but the extra skill points from the quests in nightmare and hell could make the runs a lot faster.

So if you got any info on this I'd love to hear it, thanks in advance! :)

2. downding

downding IncGamers Member

What a nice guy! ;)

Well, I've never heard of such a thing tbh, though I've only come back after leaving at around 1.11 so I'm not sure if there was any changes to leveling mechanics.

The only thing I can recall is if you're outside the monster level range (i.e. you're level 70 killing in normal), your experience gain from your kills is going to be sharply penalized and that might affect the rest of your party.

The easiest (and cheapest) way to level fast is to "chant" level, which is how we used to roll on hardcore. Chantress was my second ladder character after my summon necro. ^.^ Basically make a dedicated chantress (max warmth, enchant, fire mastery) and give her as many +enchant/+fire mastery/+fire skills as possible. A lvl 40-50 enchant would grant thousands of fire damage and AR to your low level character. Give your toon a bow and you can slaughter your way into hell naked.

Extra ownage can be had if you use a "ravenclaw" bow. That bow will apply the enchant fire damage to the AOE released by explosive arrow.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

XP reduction is not a matter of the difficulty level, but of character level and the the level of the defeated monster. See here: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Experience. This is to avoid all too easy XP gain, either by being of a way higher level or by benefitting from high-level party members. The additional penalty from L70 on is meant to slow down the leveling process at very high levels.

4. gl0ves

gl0ves IncGamers Member

Thanks for the answers guys, I knew I came to the right place! :)
    I guess I'll be running her through hell in the next few days.

If anyone is wondering I'm using an assassin based on wake of fire, mostly focusing on mana + mana regen, faster run walk and above all else looking like a badass (I've always had a thing for the bone helm + bone shield combo). ;)

She's very fast so I usually find the portal pretty quickly and wake of fire clears tristram in a minute or two, I would highly recommend this build if you get bored of mfing or whatever, always feels nice to help the lowbies get through those tedious tristruns. :D