Question about Nature's Peace

nebby

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Nature's Peace

The property "slain monsters cannot be resurrected/exploded" is puzzling.

I managed to trade for one, and put it on my trapper. Her DS still blows up corpses. ?? Do traps not count as "the ring wearer"? Its possible that some of the dead monsters come from my SM, but it seems more likely that the bodies are coming from 2.5K per hit LS...

Also, if this property really does work, does this mean that I can run Hell Nihlithak solo, without worrying about the CE?

tpiercymtv

Diabloii.Net Member
nebby said:
The property "slain monsters cannot be resurrected/exploded" is puzzling.

I managed to trade for one, and put it on my trapper. Her DS still blows up corpses. ?? Do traps not count as "the ring wearer"? Its possible that some of the dead monsters come from my SM, but it seems more likely that the bodies are coming from 2.5K per hit LS...

Also, if this property really does work, does this mean that I can run Hell Nihlithak solo, without worrying about the CE?
I don't know about the trap thing but yes it does keep nith from blowing up corspes....but it only works on ones you have killed. It won't work on the suicidal minions..cuz they killed themselves.

NeoHydragen

Diabloii.Net Member
It only affects kills made by physical damage. When I first found one with my trapper (RIP) I was suprised to find that they didn't stay dead, so I ran around and did some tests and confirmed that the "Slain Monsters Rest In Peace" mod only affects physical kills, not magic. Put it on a barb and you'll see the true effect, or run around act1 normal with your trapper and kill things melee.

I hope that answered the question.

ConnerMacleod

Diabloii.Net Member
I wore one for a while on my sorc, and her FO counted as a kill, so I guess with sorcs their spells count towards the RIP.

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
That's odd...
Nature's Peace: "Slain Monsters Rest in Peace" means that the bodies can't be resurrected or they can't be used to raise skeletons (Necromancer). They can't be used for Corpse Explosion either. It will work only if you kill the enemy with a physical damage and not magical damage
From the arreat summit...
Maybe the phys/magic part isn't true, and it just doesn't work with trappers due to traps being minions.

lfd

Diabloii.Net Member
MoUsE_WiZ said:
That's odd...

From the arreat summit...
Maybe the phys/magic part isn't true, and it just doesn't work with trappers due to traps being minions.
That's exactly right; it doesn't work for things killed by your minions, and assassin traps are counted as minions. There's an explicit check in the code for it working with Hydras (which are otherwise also counted as minions).

nebby

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks everyone

lfd said:
That's exactly right; it doesn't work for things killed by your minions, and assassin traps are counted as minions. There's an explicit check in the code for it working with Hydras (which are otherwise also counted as minions).
Thanks for clearing that up, everyone. I guess its a good thing I decided to wait on hell Nihli...with my luck Nihlithak would see the corpses before my DS does...