Question about mfing.

dirkdig

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about mfing.

I have a meteorb sorc with about 550 mf, I was wondering where is the best place to mf if I am just looking to aquire some wealth so I can purchase items that I need for my characters.

Meph vs. Andy If both take about the same time which is better?

Countess runs? My merc is good enough that when I static the countess he can finish her off so I know she is cold and fire immune. Anyways does the countess drop good runes frequently enough to make it worthwhile?

If you don't feel like explaining the situation to me a link would be nice too
:) Any input would be nice, thanks. *pepperisadog @UsEast {L}
 
andy and meph are both good (andy tends to be a little better i think). i'd recommend running both. that way your games will last a little longer and you'll have that much less chance of realm down. the countess almost never drops decent runes. you'll get a better return on your time doing andy and meph.
 

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Andariel: has the drop bug

Mephisto: can drop "higher" items, and has all those council bosses down there as bonus

Countess: rune drops are generally crappy (but then, nothing beats hellforge). Don't know about her item drops; the area level there is 79, so if she's using that, maybe with the +3 boss bonus, it's not too bad.
 

pepperisadog

Diabloii.Net Member
OK well I wouldn't be killing the council for meph runs, and What is the andy drop bug? What is the realm down bug? Thanks, sorry Im a noob. btw I accidentally posted on my brothers account, this is dirkdig.
 

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
pepperisadog said:
OK well I wouldn't be killing the council for meph runs, and What is the andy drop bug? What is the realm down bug?
I wasn't talking about the Council in Travincal, just Bremt Sparkfist and his friends who are hanging around in Durance-3 anyway.

The so-called "Andy drop bug" makes Andariel create quest drops every time you kill her (provided you got the bug, which isn't all that unlikely even if you didn't know about it when you killed Andariel).

Realm-down is either a bug or a misfeature, depending on point of view. It prevents players from getting into bnet (and kicking them out of bnet before) if you are joining/creating games too quickly.
This is most likely done to ensure that the diablo-2 servers are free for the bots, rather than being loaded by players.
 

pepperisadog

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 said:
I wasn't talking about the Council in Travincal, just Bremt Sparkfist and his friends who are hanging around in Durance-3 anyway.

The so-called "Andy drop bug" makes Andariel create quest drops every time you kill her (provided you got the bug, which isn't all that unlikely even if you didn't know about it when you killed Andariel).

Realm-down is either a bug or a misfeature, depending on point of view. It prevents players from getting into bnet (and kicking them out of bnet before) if you are joining/creating games too quickly.
This is most likely done to ensure that the diablo-2 servers are free for the bots, rather than being loaded by players.
Ok thanks for clearing that up. And yes I still don't kil the council in durance level 3. I avoid them because they hurt my sorc bad with her low resists. Still one more question. How do you get the andy drop bug?
 
think it was some thing where right after you kill andy for q, you go to a2. since most people do this anyways, most people get the bug.

if you have a 5k or so + dmg fireball, you can run eldritch shenk and pindle quickly enough.

eldritch: take frigid highland wp and go a little bit farther into frigid and you'll see him. theres also a little corner created by the rock. if you dont go to far, you can hide behind this, shoot him and his pack with fireballs, and he wont see you (he cold immune btw, sometimes cold and fire :|).

shenk: take frigid highland wp and run backward into the bloody foothills. he surrounded by tons of those cold immune guys. it's quickist just to tele into range, drop a meteor on him, run, and then repeat if the meteor doesnt kill. (he's also cold immune iirc. theres also bad lag after you kill him).

pindle: after you do the anya q, take the red portal next to her, tele to almost the end of the temple and you'll see his pack. just spam them with fireballs with maybe an orb or 2- it will interrupt their deadly charge attack and stun them. dont tele too far in, or else they'll kill you - they hit pretty hard. (pindle is poison immune, and also usually one other element immune).

and yes, andy and meph are good if you can handle them with 550 mf.
 
itsPizzarific said:
and yes, andy and meph are good if you can handle them with 550 mf.
even if he can't, he can sliver them with normal gear, tele to town and switch to full mf to finish them off. i do this with my sorc sometimes with 700+ mf.
 
Top