Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about mf

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by SnipeAlott, Jun 27, 2005.

1. SnipeAlott

SnipeAlott IncGamers Member

Question about mf

Hi i have a question about the mf setup of my sorc
    i use following items:

shako p topaz
    tal armor
    tal amu
    tal belt
    2x nagel 30
    chanceguards 40
    war traveler 49
    oculus 9 mf jewel
    rhyme runeword ( 25 mf )

and tals weapon with lidless on swap

now my question, when i use d2jsp bot it says 494 mf on one setup en 5(74 ) not sure on the other

what has most the setup with tals weapon or with oculus cuz i thought oculus and rhyme gave me more mf

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

How old are you? I believe that they should have tought you how to add numbers, or at least punch them into a calculator, in elementary school already... so it shouldn't be THAT difficult to figure out which setup gives the higher MF?

Hint: you can add up the numbers on the non-switched gear first, to save yourself some time. Then add the MF for each switch configuration on top of that.

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

I think you'll find that you won't get a good reception on this forum when your talking or asking for help related to bots.

Edit: Because I had some time to waste (well, 10 mins really) before I'm heading out, I did the quick maths for you:

Here's the static numbers (that don't change on switching):
    shako p topaz (74%)
    tal armor (**%)
    tal amu
    tal belt (10-15%)
    2x nagel 30 (60%)
    chanceguards 40 (40%)
    war traveler 49 (49%)

3 Tals set = 65%

Total = 386% - 391% (depending on your belt, which you never specified)

Since Tal's wpn and lidless provide no more MF, the above number is what you have on that weapon switch.

With the occy + rhyme:

oculus 9 mf jewel (59%)
    rhyme runeword ( 25 mf ) (25%)

Total = 470%-475% (again, depending on your belt)

Judging by your two figures, I would have to guess that you have a 14% Tals belt?

Each of your two figures is roughly 100 off my calculations. I remember hearing awhile ago (though damned am I if I could find the source) that each character starts with 100% MF. I could be a little off the mark with that though..

Unless you have some charms that you aren't telling us here, or you've socketted Tals armor with something, or your illegal program is incorrect...

I just did that pretty quickly, so there's a chance I might have missed something, and I'm sure someone will point it out :thumbsup:

4. SnipeAlott

SnipeAlott IncGamers Member

im not stupid i was wandering if maybe u get the 65 mf bonus from tals set twice ( with 3 items and with 4 items )

and yeah i can count :p

5. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

There is no "100% base mf". That's probably misconcept from the way % works:
    if you have 100%MF in items, you have a 71% *better* chance to get a unique. So if the original chance was x, your chance with 100%MF is now x+71%*x, or 100%*x+71%*x or 171%*x.

So depending on how you write things you have to add 100% or not.

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

There is a base MF. I think it's like 30%. If there wasn't, you'd never see magic weapons drop without any MF gear. For the purposes of discussion though, most people don't count that.

7. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

There is no base mf. There is a base chance (1 in 400 for unique non-class-specific for example), which is modified by Ilvl-Qlvl and your effective MF. You can see plenty of magic items with no MF at all.

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Wubba? I could have sworn I was just reading that somewhere. I'd take RTB's word on it though. Sorry for the misinfo. Wish I could figure out where I got it from.