Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about merc for my strafeazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by zzzxxxjjj, Jun 17, 2005.

1. zzzxxxjjj

zzzxxxjjj IncGamers Member

Question about merc for my strafeazon

i was thinking about getting a bow merc and was curious if giving it a faith bow(crosses fingers) would help me more than say a standard meat sheild merc most bowazons like to get. i plan on maxing (or near maxing) valk, and was curious if that would be enough of a tank for say baal and his minions or diablo's house of death. i really would like to use a wf or another bow other than faith myself and was hoping the aura from faith on my merc would benefit me. any help would be appreciated.

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

aura will help...keep here alive and close to you

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

lvl 20 unsynergized valk is one of the best tanks in the game. i only recasted it like once in the entire time i was going through hell, which was for an extra strong/fanat pack. and even then, i only used 2.

for my latest zon, i went with an a1 merc and valk. valk really opens up merc possibilities.

4. dusters

dusters IncGamers Member

These MP opportunities are simply awesome. I have always been dreaming about
    WF to give it to Rogue merc, but I have not found WF even for me! Do not misunderstand me, I am talking about SP.
    Back on the topic - I am sure that Valk will do fine everywhere, if you and your merc will deal enough damage.

5. zzzxxxjjj

zzzxxxjjj IncGamers Member

good insights. i guess i will go ahead and try for a rogue merc and stick with a meat shield valk. thanks for your speedy responses. also, as far as mercs go i am still newb; i have never really used a merc. what difficulty should i get my merc in? i hear that you are better off getting one in normal and leveling it that way, is that the best option? thanks for your help

6. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

norm mercs will end up slightly better than nm/hell mercs. but the difference is not really noticeable.

faith on your merc won't give you full aura benefits, and may give u/valk no benefits if she's stuck somewhere.

my only problem with a rougue merc is how to get her stay alive. leveling her up from norm to a faith non-ama bow wielder needs quite some patience.