Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about Lightning sorceress.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kefir-Tribe, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Question about Lightning sorceress.

Hi

I’m building a lightning sorc right now (she’s level 42) and I need some advice about her backup skill. The original plan was to go max Frozen Orb with one point in Cold Mastery (like in m0nk’s guide). But I’ve discovered that Blizzard works very well together with Chain Lightning / Lightning, so I’ll maybe change the build.

The question is; will Blizzard work good enough to take down lightning immune monsters in late hell? She’ll get 10 +skills from her items, so it’s not synergized, level 30 Blizzard we’re talking about. According to the calculator the damage will be 1288 – 1355. What do you think?

/Kefir-Tribe

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

It'll kill in hell with good CM, but i dont think it'll be that effective. I have a blizz/FB sorc (max blizz, 21 w/ +skills in CM) and it pwns, so it should be fine.

3. San

San IncGamers Member

Having made three different Blizzsorc variations (Chain Lightning, Meteor and Hydra), I gotta say, yes, definitely. But my blizzard was much more effective, then Chain Lightning.. I'd invested like so:
    20 Blizzard
    10 Cold Mastery
    20 Chain Lightning
    20 Lightning Mastery
    ~10 Lightning

I don't remember the amount of +skills, and I've already undressed the charecter, for newer builds. I mean really, I felt really annoyed that I'd invested 50 skill points for a skill, that was only good for killing those CI's. Though I probably didn't have the CL higher then 28 or so, since my equipment wasn't godly (+2 Eschutas, +1 ammy, Shako, Skin o/ vipermagi, Lidless wall).

4. Kefir-Tribe

Okay, thanks. I'll try out Blizzard then. It's just a backup skill, so it doesn't have to be that effective.

5. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

I used it as a backup skill for my enchantress and it worked just fine, and it has the added capacity to supply additional damage while you use your primary skill. I don't know what your equip is, but I found having specially chosen 'Blizz' equip on switch helped a lot, especially if it included +CM (rare orbs can be very nice for this).

6. Ulanji

Ulanji IncGamers Member

I'm currently working on a Fire-ONLY synergized sorceress. Goal is:

20 FBolt
    20 FBall
    20 Meteor
    20 FMastery

I kinda plunged into this with foolhardy abandon. My initial thought was -- let Gulzar tank the FI's. :uhhuh: If necessary I could just zip past the painful areas with teleport, unleashing deathly fury upon anything non-FI. I just REALLY wanted to see how ridiculous I could get my fire damage. Then, I found an orb with the following key stats (it has a few others I can't remember):

+2 Sorceress skills
    +2 Frozen Orb
    +2 Cold Mastery

Bam! My backup skill--though wimpy--now exists with the investment of precisely 0 skill points. :lol: With a Tarnhelm, Viscerataunt (sp?), and Que Hegan's Wisdom, I'm typically at L7 Frozen Orb and L7 Cold Mastery. In addition, I've got a backup amulet with +2 to Cold Skills for the more painful FI areas. Of course, I'm still in Hell act 2, so I may be saying "you told me so" here in a little while.

p.s. Obviously my gear is not great, but I do have a Volcanic Amulet (+3 to fire skills), yaay! My FB and Meteor hover around 27 or so, depending on setup.

7. Kefir-Tribe

That's a nice idea. Thank you for your experience. However I need to get some more damage out of my backup skill.