Question About Jewels Please Help: What jewel is better o scoket in a stormshield?

petezjunior

Diabloii.Net Member
Question About Jewels Please Help: What jewel is better o scoket in a stormshield?

Hey, I have a hybrid bowazon, using javs and bows. I have to socket my ss with either a 15 max atk/ -15 requirements or 40% ed/ -15 jewel. What is more effective overall for my bowazon? 15 max atk or 40 % ed.

Huplet

Banned
Re: Question About Jewels Please Help: What jewel is better o scoket in a stormshield

40ED, I'm pretty sure.

canudig

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Question About Jewels Please Help: What jewel is better o scoket in a stormshield

I would also stick the ed one in there.....

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

That depends on how much off-weapon %ed you already have (aura, stats, Fortitude bonus or whatever).

stephan

Diabloii.Net Member

How is socketing a Stormshield going to help the bowside of things?

What java skill are you intending to use?

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member

he's going to use a one point lightning fury or one point lightning bolt.

If you read the guide good, you see in the example that TienJe uses a -15 req/40%ed storm shield. We can assume that TienJe could get a -15 req/15 max if he wanted and thus, -15/40ed probably is the best you can use.
Though using a -15/15 max isn't going to break your build.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

I'd look for a rare with -15reqs and some other juicy stuff like fire res, +min, fhr, etc.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

If it's about a LF zon for PvM, I wouldn't boost damage at all. You kill with LF and the LIs are killed by arrows. That means you only need physical damage from LF for leech and using a 40%/-15 jewel would be overkill for that. Better use a different kind of -req jewel. There are probably a couple of nice rares out there, with -req/fhr/stats/res combos, as helvete said. Fire res is particularly interesting because a Stormshield might have caused an imbalance in your resists.

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member

@ krischan: there is something very strange about your post.

-15/40 is good, although a rare might be interesting aswell.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

I see nothing strange about it :scratch:

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member

Lightning immunes in pvp?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

Oops, I meant PvM, of course. One of these errors which I'm never noticing without help ::rolleyes:

* abuses mod privileges to edit thread *

aishilee

Diabloii.Net Member

hmmm. If you are using Bowa for killing stuffs / Java for killing Boss ?
if that is so i belive u would put points in CS ?

if that is so why use SS ? wouldnt using 4 LiteFacet Mon add more damage?

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

It would. Maybe he's going all out on dex, no vita, energy and as little str as possible. In that case, the 35% DR and high resists on a SS would come in extremely handy to avoid deaths.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

It's also a matter of the budget which is usually a bit tighter on a PvM character. Lightning facets are quite expensive.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member

he's going to use a one point lightning fury or one point lightning bolt.

If you read the guide good,
There is more than one hybrid zon guide. Without a link or direct reference, there's no reason to assume he's using one guide over another, or even a guide at all.

petezjunior

Diabloii.Net Member

I followed Tienjie's hybrid guide using mainly bow and switching to eth titan javs... I was wondering what jewel is better for overall damage.