Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about item worth

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Agorr, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Agorr

Agorr IncGamers Member

Question about item worth

Hi everyone!

I used to play d2 a long time ago, then switched to WoW for 5 years, but eventually realized it was too addicting (after 5 years.. go figure). So now I decided to play d2 again to fill the void.

Anyway I noticed a lot has changed since I quit the game. For one all my characters are gone due to not playing them :p. But also I have no idea what items are worth anymore. Back in the day I used to lurk around in the trading channels to see what people were offering to get a good idea of prices. But now those channels seem to be desolate. there's never anyone in there anymore. Any tips?

I recently found a lightsabre and a shako and have been wondering what I can ask for them.

I'm on EU non ladder softcore.

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Question about item worth

There is nothing like a guide which will inform you about the value of everything worth knowing about trading (that would fill something of the size of a telephone book), but the trade value forum has a few price guides which cover basic information. Apart from that, you can search it for what you want to know. Beyond that, only experience will help you.

On non-ladder, everything costs pgems if it isn't really rare and (close to) perfect. That includes ladder-only runewords and items from previous ladder seasons. Your shako is good for self-use, on a caster. For trading while being poor, I suggest to collect pgems. You only need a character who can kill monster hordes in nightmare.

However, I think that PvM is pointless in NL, better start on ladder if you want to do that.

3. Agorr

Agorr IncGamers Member

Hmm.. ok thanks for the quick response. So for PvM I should reroll ladder? Why is that?

I personally can't remember the ladder/non-ladder option when I used to play the game.

Also: does the Anya-portal disappear after you kill nihlatak? I can't seem to find it anymore.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You cannot make a lot of the best runewords and or find a couple of the nicest uniques in the game (although those from previous ladder seasons are present), most people don't play on there, except those who cannot leave behind their vast treasure hoards with incredible stuff from the last 10 years and even bigger piles of less than incredible items. If you just restarted from scratch, you will never be able to catch up to that while the difference between ladder players and you won't be that great. The current ladder started 3 months ago, so it's not that old.

The ladder/nonladder option is shown in a checkmark during character creation.

The Pindleskin portal closes if you did the Nihlathak and stepped on the waypoint on the way to him. The portal will remain as long as you haven't done one of the two.

5. Agorr

Agorr IncGamers Member

ok thanks a lot for the info

6. shazbot

shazbot IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's really easy to get medium/good gear on the ladder with pgems as currency. I use the trading forums here a lot, and have my characters outfitted with pretty much top end stuff while paying in just pgems. They drop all over the place, so you just have to be a little patient in picking them all up and cubing the flawless up to perfect. If you're uncertain about an item's worth, just do a search on the forum, and see what other people are asking for it. There's typically BIN (Buy it now) prices for stuff like that, and that'll give you a rough estimate of its worth.