question about infinity

MoonUnit

Diabloii.Net Member
Well it really depends on the sorc, I've had a friend rush hell w/ a pure lite sorc + infinity. Fire and light it should be good for; not sure about cold tho.
 

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
It would rock on any sorc build as Conviction Aura reduces defence, fire, cold and lightning resistances of monsters :D Even a melee-enchantress would do more fire damage and have higher chance to hit hehe
 

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
MoonUnit said:
Well it really depends on the sorc, I've had a friend rush hell w/ a pure lite sorc + infinity. Fire and light it should be good for; not sure about cold tho.
Doesn't the Cold Mastery kinda makes it useless on a pure cold sorc?

Oh and for the weapon. I'd put it on my merc. I would never let any of my sorceress wield a polearm :p
 

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Nacaa said:
Doesn't the Cold Mastery kinda makes it useless on a pure cold sorc?

Oh and for the weapon. I'd put it on my merc. I would never let any of my sorceress wield a polearm :p
It will still be good to break resists, but overall a cold sorc doesn't benefit like cold/fire does.

EDIT: I swear that i was faster :p

HoD
 

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i'm imagining on using it on a single tree build and just wasting everything. :)

heck, i'll wield it myself and screw the merc. :)
 

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
i'm imagining on using it on a single tree build and just wasting everything. :)

heck, i'll wield it myself and screw the merc. :)
Yeah - I rush people through hell with my light sorc and infinity. Just that dang travincial in hell is tough...

I was thinking of maybe adding the extra str and seeing what my sorc would do with -50% light resist...could be interesting. Let me know if you do it!
 

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
The beauty of using Infinity with a cold sorc is that it will free up points. Infinity basically caps all nonimmune monsters at 15% resists maximum. At lvl 20, cold mastery gives you -115%. No amount of -res can push resistances below -100% so once you have enough +skills to put cold mastery at 20 you don't have to put any more points in it. You can use the extra to do things like crank up Static Fields radius or get a crappy thunderstorm.
 
Top