Question about IG

TankerWolf

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about IG

O.K. first off hello everyone its been a looooong time since Ive posted; mostly I just read. I do have a noob question. I am going with a Fishy for the new ladder and I am considering where to put the extra points. My main question is wether or not an IG disappears after you leave a game(ladder). If it does then why is it worth it. If it doesn't then what is with it randomly disappearing. And in the long run is it going to be better than a CG. Cant say that I'm going to post alot but you guys rock keep feeding my addiction... :)

Also real quick if anybody knows when you tele ( long time in the future I dont cheat) do the attacks go to you or your skeles...... just trying to decide between vite or dex. Thanks again.

Krovvy

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Question about IG

It doesn't disappear when you leave a game, but sometimes it does randomly poof. The best advice is make the Golem out of a cheaper runeword if you're concerned with it disappearing, such as Insight.

Clay and Iron have different uses, but generally it's advised that you should a point into Iron Golem. Also, don't screw up and put points into Fire Golem, it is truly useless.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

If you're from poor to rich, use a clay golem or an iron golem made out of ik mauls or kelpie snares. If you're super-rich, you can make an iron golem out of pride or something else that's expensive. Pride golems will help more than clay golems, but are a much bigger risk. Iron golems will stay after you log out. I've never seen one of my iron golems poof, but it does happen, so you need to be superrich, as I said. The teleporting from enigma also decreases the chance of him poofing. Oh, and if you're gonna make an aura golem, put some point into golem mastery. A bit hard to determine how much, so experiment until you find a golem mastery level that ensures that he won't die.

I think skeletons shield you when you tele and all minions stack. In fact, I'm quite sure. I'd say full vita. If you get hit by a physical attack, that usually means that most or all of your army is dead. And at that time you have to flee. Full vita builds have a smaller chance to get into blocklocks or stunlocks (both of which are very annoying when you want to flee), so i suggest full vita. Also, you shouldn't use homu. I think you should a magic necro shield.

NumtyDoo

Diabloii.Net Member

I think skeletons shield you when you tele and all minions stack. In fact, I'm quite sure.
That is kind of true, but sometimes you will be on top of the stack so you will take all of the hits. So don't count on always being protected.

Full vita builds have a smaller chance to get into blocklocks or stunlocks (both of which are very annoying when you want to flee), so i suggest full vita.
I have done both builds, and like max block on a necro. It has saved me more times than having max vita. You may not go into block animation, but you will go into hit recovery, I would rather take no damage when 'blocking' than take full damage while 'stunned'.

It is personal preference really, but unlike a melee build where going vita can make thousands of HP difference, on nec you are talking only a couple of hundred. So blocking 75% of damage to me is better than being able to take 1 more hit, but getting hit 90% more often. As far as vita being better vs elemental damage, that is true, but you have the ability to negate 75% to 90% of that damage with gear/charms. I only have 75% resists and I laugh at gloams in Hell, so vita not really needed.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

The added life isn't for being able to take more hits. You go into hit recovery when an enemy damages 1/12th of your life or more. So more life means it's harder to get into hit recovery. When fleeing, recieving little damage isn't important. As long as you get away from the monsters, it doesn't matter how much life you have left, as long as you're in a safe spot. Also, max block builds get into stunlock too. They both block and get stunned (more often than full vita builds) so as soon as you're surrounded, you're dead. I wonder what you mean by getting hit 90% more often though. If you compare full vita to max block, you get hit 300% more often. If standing still, yes. But since you'll be blocklocked, and a slightly higher chance to be stunlocked, you'll still get hit more often. Also, for max block you need a homunculus, which only gives +2 to summoning skills, when other shield can give 6 to rs and sm (if using the cube trick).

NumtyDoo

Diabloii.Net Member

The added life isn't for being able to take more hits. You go into hit recovery when an enemy damages 1/12th of your life or more.
What serious threat hell monster does less than 100 damage per hit?

When fleeing, recieving little damage isn't important. As long as you get away from the monsters, it doesn't matter how much life you have left, as long as you're in a safe spot.
Duh. That was kinda my point, you recieve less damage with max block, therefore are more likely to get away.

Also, max block builds get into stunlock too.
I said that already..."You may not go into block animation, but you will go into hit recovery, I would rather take no damage when 'blocking' than take full damage while 'stunned'."

I wonder what you mean by getting hit 90% more often though. If you compare full vita to max block, you get hit 300% more often.
I meant 90% of the time, please do be more technical...

Also, for max block you need a homunculus, which only gives +2 to summoning skills, when other shield can give 6 to rs and sm (if using the cube trick).
You 'run' with homo, you prebuff with your 6/6...

Lumpor I have not said anything in the past, but I have been reading your posts for awhile...you really need to limit your information sharing to what you have experience with. You are giving people advice on builds that you do not have, or have not tried, with gear that you have never used. I understand that you are picking up good info on these forums, but don't tell people that "Pride golem is essential" (a quote from one of your previous posts) when you have never even used a pride golem. How much tele improves a summoners game, when you have never used enigma. I know this because a few weeks ago you said the highest rune that you had was an amn. How high can your character lvls be, and how many characters can you have, and only find an amn.

Not trying to be rough on you, but when people ask questions, they want answers based on experience. Look at the message board, 3/4 of the current responses are from you, you don't need to comment on everything, especialy when lacking experience. Not saying that I am right, if someone has some max vita experience they want to give thier two cents on, I am ready to listen. But if I was new to D2, and had a question, I would hope that your two cents are based on experience.

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member

I have a lot of experience with Necs and have found that a clay golem is extremely useful and prefer them to iron golems except for when fighting a boss.

I use the clay golem as a scout to locate enemies in front of me and draw their fire. It is a life-saver. As I advance I cast the clay golem ahead on the forward edge of the screen. The bad guys attack him and that draws my skels into combat and this usually takes place way infront of me. I can cast my dim vision/decrp curses while standing away from them. It really helps.

Against bosses I cast my clay golem on the opposite side of the boss to draw his fire away from me and my other minions. I have been tempted to throw down a good item to make an iron golem when I need more umph to kill the boss. Generally I lose the iron golem when I need to cast a clay golem on top of the boss to freeze him in place though.