Question about identifying items

Black Market

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about identifying items

Hello, my question is about the variables stats of an item... about when thoses properties are set. Is it when the item fall from monster or only when you identify it ? I'm asking because i wonder if the lvl of the char who identify the item play a role in the stats allocation.

Basically, is there a difference between a unid item identified by cain or by a lvl 95 char ? Or does the item's stats are set as soon as it is spawned ?

Any cue on this is greatly appreciated.

b.

Gorny

Banned
Black Market said:
Hello, my question is about the variables stats of an item... about when thoses properties are set. Is it when the item fall from monster or only when you identify it ? I'm asking because i wonder if the lvl of the char who identify the item play a role in the stats allocation.

Basically, is there a difference between a unid item identified by cain or by a lvl 95 char ? Or does the item's stats are set as soon as it is spawned ?

Any cue on this is greatly appreciated.

b.

There's no difference, the stats are determined when the item is dropped from a monster. So who id's it or when it is id'd has no bearing.