Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about HC/SC items and playstyle

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by krovak, Nov 19, 2006.

1. krovak

krovak IncGamers Member

Question about HC/SC items and playstyle

Hello. I just made my first HC character ever and decided to play untwinked. But when i started to play, several question came to my mind.

1) Does "untwinked" mean, that i should not use ATMA even for storing items? The in-game stash is so small => where should i put for example all that potentially good socketables for future use?

2) What should i do, when i find some really nice item, which is useless to my untwinked HC character? For example with amazon i find pala combat skiller with 45 life. Can i just take the skiller and give it to my SC twinked paladin using ATMA? What status would such an item get in terms of forum trading? Can i use such drops as normal SC items for trading?

Thanks a lot for your opinions:girly:.

2. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

untwinked means different things to different people. to me untwinked is the char is all bythemselfs no atma and no outside help, to other people it means no muleing on but using atma as a extended stash,

im not sure on the trading rules for hardcore>softcore but i know alot of people are agaist it.

what you could do is have a handful of twinked hc chars and the rest untwinked, so if you did find a godly skiller you could mule it over to 1 of your twinked chars

3. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

As for 1). Untwinked for me that the character can only use item found by him/herself. The use of atma as an extended stash is okay by me, but other people might differ.

As for 2) i don't know really. Some people say that it's allowed to transfer from hc to sc, but not the other way around. Others want it comletely separated. Just be open about it if you want to trade or mp. And once an item goes softcore there is no way back.

Jae.

4. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

An untwinked character means that you cannot transfer items from other characters or stashes from him, and he (or she) uses only what he finds. Other people have even tougher restrictions on this.

HC --> SC is allowed on this forum because pretty much the whole trade pool is tainted as such.

5. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

For me, 'untwinked' basically means you only use what that character finds. I allow my characters to use ATMA as an extended stash, because if the saving system was better I could just have left anything useful on the ground in town, just like the common practice in Diablo 1.

I am totally against rerunning bosses or areas. I think the whole idea of untwinked is to make best use of the resources you find.

If you are not against twinking, I think it´s OK. Some people frown upon moving HC-> SC, though.

However, I think the character that found the charm should be compensated (via Bank of ATMA) on the gold he/she misses out on by not selling that charm to a vendor.

BTW, a +45 life charm does NOT look like it´s useless to that character... :azn: