Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about griswoild set

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Johnnic, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Johnnic

Johnnic IncGamers Member

Question about griswoild set

how come my damag is so low, im wearing gris set (Armor with 3 p rubs, wepon: amn, eth, pame. shield: 3 pdiaond), raven frost, my amu and the other ring is junk, IK boots and rare golves with bad mods, bad belt.

DMG 1760
    AR 7500+
    CTB 73%
    DEF 5000+
    resist 68% 75% 75% 68%
    Life 1250

Hard points spent:
    Zeal 20
    fanata 20
    sacri 11
    HS 6
    Smite 19

I'm having problems killing and staying alive in hell.

Any sugestions? can the gris set become any good?

2. jbarlak

jbarlak IncGamers Member

What is your weapon? you do have any increased damage jewels in the armor?
    My set right now has 40% ED jewels (2 in helm, 3 in armor, 3? in shield and 4 in cadeadus) and i am hitting for over 5k but i also have a full inventory of offensive grand charms.
    I have a switch of HOZ and famine ax (for physical immunes) and that gets me to 7-8K.

3. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

Hehe...sorry.

First, smite with griss shield isnt that impressive, and for pvm, with a grisswolds set, splitting the build into zeal & smite isnt a very good idea.

As for the rest of your gear, for pvm, i highly highly suggest getting the following;
    ~string of ears {%dr & leach}
    ~draculs
    ~goreriders {you need as much deadly to help with that damage}
    ~highlords {again on the deadly}
    ~1x frost + whatever other ring you want - consider a carrion wind, the speed of zeal with gris hammer is already 4 frames without any added %ias from gear, so you can spam alot of twisters that stun!

The socketing you chose might not be that great. Also your caddy seems to have 3 sockets, when it spawn with 3 or 4, so you got screwed out of a free important socket.

You can remove what you socket in an item with a Hel rune + tp scroll with your cube - i would suggest doing this maybe after you find something to resocket the set with.

For pvm, you dont really need %dr, but the most common socketing for the shield is 3x Ber runes.

If you are using a string of ears with 15% damage reduce, and 3x ber shield, you will then have 39% damage reduce, which is enough for pvm. But if you want to have a great socket job, remember that you can put one more ber rune in your armor or helm and it will still be good {but not two, since %damage reduce is capped at 50%}.

For the helm and armor, also consider pul runes, their defense can always be better. I would suggest um runes, but with the full set + shield your resistance will be enough for pvm.

For the weapon...ohm runes all the way. If you do not want to use gore rider or highlords, maybe 1 Lo rune. No shael runes are needed if you use fanatism.

If price is a problem, put all perfect rubies in the helm & armor, keep the p diamonds in the shield, and try to find %ed jewels {try to find 35-40%'s} for the weapon. Plain %ed jewels are not very expensive and can be traded for from perfect gems.

edits; Do not for the love of god socket anything expensive like an ohm rune in a 3 socket grisswold weapon! Please trade for a four socket one before you waste something expensive!

4. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

Gore riders or goblin toe or ber runes in the weapon. any of them will make killin so much faster

5. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

DO not ber ber ber the Gris shield, it is a massive waste of runes since Gris set shield is sooo cheap. Stick pdiamonds into it instead for a high resist shield. And remember, DR is not necessary to survive in pvm. Heck my uber smiter run just fine WITHOUT any DR and NO Cta either. Just careful playing will be more than enough.

Another point to note is that you will need some form of CB for any effective killing in the game. Gris set has potential but can get very very expensive to mod.

For example Gris weap with 4x socket when ber ber Lo lo offers 40% CB and 40% chance of DS. That combined with a Goreriders should satisfy all your killing needs but that is 4 high runes + UM.

Not sure you can see through that.

6. jbarlak

jbarlak IncGamers Member

Oops i just noticed he was using smite. My bad. Not enough coffee in the system when i spat out my response.