question about grief\death

Devilx

Diabloii.Net Member
question about grief\death

i saw in guides that i should get grief for my smiter
is eth death with ed or something is going to be good?
since it has 50% crushing blow i think its good for ubers
tell me why i should get grief or death
and why the other is worse

Dahmer

Diabloii.Net Member
cb helps taking down life up to point where they got 1/4th left, even with 15% it goes smooth
grief helps taking down that 1/4th of life, without grief that part is rather slow

Devilx

Diabloii.Net Member
eth death pb with good ed won't be able to finish the 1/4 quickly enough?
btw

i have:

zaka
grief 15% ed 353 dmg 30% ias (the 15% ed helps?)
forti
raven
gore
guillame
dracul
tgod
1 to all skills amu (ill try to get mara)

got like 50% crushing blow in total
is it good enough for ubers?
what should i change?
skills:
20 zeal
20 sacrifice
20 Fanaticism
8 holy shield
1 smite
1 pre reqs

lvl 71 i can get more skill points of quests (like 5 more i think)
maxing holy shield, what should i max? i think smite but not sure
also what lvl should i be to start killing ubers?
thank you :smiley:

Dahmer

Diabloii.Net Member
i got a similar setup but instead i use coh, not fortitude and i still take them out fast enough xD

i used coh instead of fortitude because i liked the skills/res/str on it over the extra ed from fortitude which made it easier to get max res even with the conviction, the ed from grief only helps a tiny bit with zeal

i dont think you need to change anything

about skills i prefer maxin holy shield over sacrifice but thats just me :grin:
i also put some points into resist lightning to get a total of 90res with tgods on

Devilx

Diabloii.Net Member
i maxed sacrifice already so =\
and ill max holy shield too
just not sure if i should max smite or resist lightning
btw metalgrid is good enough? cuz i cant really find mara
and im not so rich =\
should i get:
metalgrid
better grief
coh
or:
stay with forti
stay with my grief
get mara

or maybe
coh mara and better grief if i can find cheap =\
i also have some resist probs so maybe i should get res gcs?
dont have many charms so i got place
dont have merc, should i get merc? i dont know if he gonna help me with ubers so... =P

also what is better grief ba or pb?

thanks =) :smiley: :laugh: :rolleyes:

zallus

Diabloii.Net Member
devil i agree with dahmer on the maxing of holy shield and also the use of coh over fort. U can dump the ravenfrost because smite always hits so that is kinda useless and also the tgods is only good for meph i would suggest getting a verdungo because the %dr is good. I uber daily with no problems and have found grief to be perfect. O and you might want to consider an exile over the hoz. I know people that use hoz but i think that exile works better.

zallus

Diabloii.Net Member
devil this is what i use and have max res in hell

berber coa
ap coh
397/37 grief pb
eth zakarum exile 41ares
dracs
gores
verdungo
28% mara
1 bk ring
15/16 anni
5x 20lifers sc

I have max res and like 40+% dr

This seems to be a little out of ur price range but i like what you are thinking but then again my build is very standard

O yeah it seems as though you are using a 1 point smite build, can i ask why because i am not sure why you are doing this if you just plan to uber

zallus

Diabloii.Net Member
you dont need a merc he will never survive ubers and what you put the grief in is all about preference because the damage wont change that much and the str requirement is the only thing i worry about

Devilx

Diabloii.Net Member
ok thnx
i got 13% dr 30 vit verdungo in stash
is that good or should i get better?

ill try to get coh
i need the raven for the dex(20 dex)
to use my pb so ill keep it

i said ill max holy shield already
the question was 20 smite or 20 light res

also is there anyway i can solo uber? or only with party?
sorry never tried to do ubers be4 so its my first time
btw can some1 open portal and i join or i have to get all the items
required?

if u wanna give me some good advices (about ubers) go ahead =P

thanks for all :smiley:

*edit oh ya should i get cta? or i should just get barb to bo every1? =P

zallus

Diabloii.Net Member
I have 2 cd keys and to get organs i have a h'din tele there make portal and come back to town then i go in and just kill for organs. Important when doing uber trist make sure to only wake meph first dont wake all at once or it could be trouble. and to answer your question you will be able to uber by yourself as long as you have the organs and the only organ trouble you really will have if you walk is the iron maiden getting casted in the furnace.

I would try and max smite and then put 1 point into salvation for when fighting mephisto to counter act his salvation. then switch back to fantasism for baal and diablo.

i would say 13% verdungos would be fine i dont think that will be a problem

yes and a spirit/cta switch isnt a bad idea at all

I think i answered your questions if you have anymore just ask i will do what i can to help

Dahmer

Diabloii.Net Member
you dont need 20 light res, only a couple points to reach 90 with tgods on, thats more than enough

Devilx

Diabloii.Net Member
ok thanks alot =P
im not sure about amu
should i try get low mara\nice 2 combat skills res amu or something
or there is any nice cheap amu(like 1 ist or below)
after i sell all ill have like 6-7 ists and the items i said
what should i buy?

also how much life and vit u have? im not sure about how much i should have
to kill meph\dia\baal

also the portal stays open after i kill? like if i make game with pass ill always be able to join and get organs again? cuz i didnt understand u
also what lvl should i be be4 i start?

thanks =)

zallus

Diabloii.Net Member
you should get any maras you can get i would say you could get a lower 1 for 2-3 hr

I have 322 vitality not real sure how much life

for each portal you can only get 1 organ you will have to collect keys to start the process over again

you can really start as soon as you get all your equipment my first time for my smiter was 82 or so cause thats when i could put my coa on

pliu

Banned
ok thanks alot =P
im not sure about amu
should i try get low mara\nice 2 combat skills res amu or something
or there is any nice cheap amu(like 1 ist or below)
after i sell all ill have like 6-7 ists and the items i said
what should i buy?

also how much life and vit u have? im not sure about how much i should have
to kill meph\dia\baal

also the portal stays open after i kill? like if i make game with pass ill always be able to join and get organs again? cuz i didnt understand u
also what lvl should i be be4 i start?

thanks =)
Your can start at lvl 76(lvl required for Drac) if you use Grief. For the portal, one you open it the organs were consumed (gone like the wist leg and TP tomb for cow red Portal ). The Red portal will always open in the game you create it (like cow red Potral again).

If you want do uber only a few times, you build is OK and stick to it. If you want a full time unber hunter you need rebuild and make him a pure simter with 1 point in zealot.

Here is my set up and can do uber solo very quick( 3~5 minutes)

1 zealot
20 smite
20 Holy Shield
20 defenica
20 fanata

others will go to resist to light , fire

Um Shako
Grief PB
Drac
AP fort
Upgraded P diamond HoZ
dungos
rave frost
BK ring
Seraph's Hymn (You should get another amulet(mara),
don't ask why I use this :badteeth:)
CTA(6 BO) + script in switch

3.1K life after BO at lvl 76

:Edit: This build is a pure PvP/Uber Hunter build. Not good at PvM at all and this why my build have 1 point in zealot for PvM play.

pliu

Banned
ok thanks
so i only should get coh and maras for now and cta
right?
Get CTA first and better a 6 BO one. Fort is OK only if you realy want a CoH and can't get res high or maxed out when fight Meph. Or you can use CoH for meph and Fort for Ball/Diablo.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Go with Grief all the way. CB can be made up elsewhere, smite damage can't.

If you're on Ladder, Fortitude blows CoH out of the water. The 35 less resist can be solved with charms and/or other gear.

My Fanatic Zealot used Grief, Guill's, Fort, upped HoZ, Drac's, Tgods, Gores, Raven, Highlords and a nice rare ring.

At 50% CB bosses are no trouble. Even though it's a Zealot, I still use Smite to take down bosses. Smite damage is around 5.7k or so with just 1 point in it and max Holy Shield.

The sweet thing about it is the 83% DS, which means 11k-12k per hit Zeal 83% of the time, and a decent chance to hit most monsters (only 6k AR, but ITD and -25% def where it matters)

IMO Zealot>Smiter for general PvM, and Zealot=Smiter for boss killing. Not being able to leech with your main attack without Life Tap sucks.

Coltanz

Diabloii.Net Member
eth death pb with good ed won't be able to finish the 1/4 quickly enough?
Hi Devil, if you do not realise by now, Ethreal phase blade doesn't exist.
Ok the skills part, Maxing holyshield is vital to smite as it is Maxing smite. Besides maxing Holyshield has better effects then maxing smite alone (the def+shield dmg+chance to block). Leave smite last i would say.

Oh yea, you are wearing a guil's face rite? eDeath shouldn't be neccessary for you then:wink3: . Instead try to get higher dmg/res, Fort is a good choice with some res IMO Fort is better then COH for smiters(EDIT: i mean both smite/zeal). Yea get a Maras you need the res and +skill. Hope this helps:rolleyes: