Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about frenzy barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by bres, Feb 19, 2004.

1. bres

bres IncGamers Member

Question about frenzy barb

My frenzy barb is using schafaer and GF my question well I have couple of questions :
    1) I have another GF will it better to use 2 GF ?
    2) What should I socket in the GF and in the schafaer ?

I'm wearing IK belt , gloves , boots
    shaft , arreat's , rare leech ring , raven and rare amu with 2 to barb + life and mana

275 str
    170 dex
    250 vita
    30 energy

2. bres

bres IncGamers Member

47 views and not even one reply , come on :/

3. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

IMO get dual Schaeffers instead, because else youd have to split the points in two masteries (if you havent already), otherwise GF+Schaeffers I think is the best combo (wouldnt wanna miss the Static), and for the sockets I'd say if youre rich enough use ed/ias in both, or else Shael could do ( but either way they will still be kinda slow, so youd want alot of ias from other gear)..just my 2 cents

4. bres

bres IncGamers Member

thanks for the advice coju
    I want to say first thing I didn't put any point in masteries yet
    second thing is I'm not that rich :uhhuh: to get ed/ias jewels
    third thing is so you say dual schafaers > schafaer + GF
    and do you know where can I see the ias breakpoint for schafaer and GF ?

I'll try to get another schafaer

5. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

You can use this to calculate the bp's : http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

-if you shael socket the Schaeffer's Id recommend you go for atleast 50%ias from other gear, which can be achieved with some of these items :

Andarials Visage (20%)
    Highlords (20%)
    LoH (20%) -or rare/blood crafted gloves
    Nosferatus (10%)
    IK gloves+boots (+belt) (25%)
    Sigons boots+gloves (30%)

6. bres

bres IncGamers Member

alright so should I use ed/ias in the arreat's and ed/ias in shaft or to look for a better armor ? like leviatian / ed/ias armor / arkaines / CoH /

7. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

There are imo so many armors suited for a frenzy, so I cant say which one you should choose, but Shaft is quite good, and you could socket the arreats and shaft with ias jewels so that you would only need 20ias from other gear, and therefore could get some crushing blow instead (ex. from gorerider and blood gloves)..

8. bres

bres IncGamers Member

alright thanks for all your help
    I'll try gore rider + ias gloves + shaft-ias + arreat's-ias
    and I'll see if it's better then my currect items

9. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

I recommend having 2x Crescent Moon phase blades and 2x Grandfathers. On large/tough packs use crescent moon to static the pack and switch to GFs to finish them off. You'll want to get at least 45% WIAS - I'd go with 75% WIAS, though.

10. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

The idea is good, but :
    Schaeffers has 20%chance of lvl20 static, where Cresent only has 7%chance of lvl 13 static, and GF will "only" have 55 more average damage than Schaeffers, and besides that youll have to switch all the time which can be quite annoying...not to mention you'd miss +6BO from echoing weapons.

-according to the calculator, the bp's with shaeled Schaeffers is 46 and 93 from other equip, so 75% would be 29% wasted, but then again I cant say if that calc is absolutely correct, but Id say its the most reliable out there.. ;)

11. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

I was actually talkin about 2xGF breakpoints, but you're correct about the Schaefer bps. The main benefit of 2xGF is that they're faster - 4.5 attacks per second versus 4.1 attacks per second at similar IAS levels (75 and 80). Anyhow, I was thinking the static field on schaefers was 10% @ lvl 20, but its actually 20% @ lvl 10. I see your point. But then again, 55 more average damage is huge when you get it multipled by almost 10, thats 550 more average damage, or 550 more max and 550 more min (in theory).

Also consider looking into a beast beserker axe in your first hand and schaefers in your second hand. You'll be attacking at 5 attacks per second as opposed to 4.1 attacks per second. Even better is that you only need 20% IAS to reach that speed - which means once you put on highlords you're there. You also have a nice bit of crushing blow, more ED, more AR.

12. puckalicious

puckalicious IncGamers Member

I would not recommend a dual schaeffer frenzier. Way too slow. Beast is a nice option but a cheaper one is a eth bstar for primary weapon. They are very common (I got mine for less than a high rune) and then only a zod to finish it off. Then you can put ED jewel in schaeffer to make it more effective. I happen to have a eth bstar and eth nords which kicks some butt and I reach the fastest frenzy speed breakpoint. Oh and the damage is real nice too. I would strongly recommend atmas over highlords ammy to deal with PI's.

13. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Zods, as far as I know, are more expensive than ber runes for Beast.