Question about Firefox themes

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Firefox themes

Okay, this might seem like nitpicking, but when I use the Mac OSX theme for Firefox I get an annoying little bug (I think it's a bug anyway). When I open a new window, normally what happens is that I get a blank Firefox window popping up over my previous window as soon as I hit the button, and after half a second it loads the page contents. But with the Mac OSX theme on, it doesn't do that, it just waits for that half a second before opening the new window. Any idea if and how I can stop it doing that?

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
i dont get it =(

do you really mean "open a new window" or do you mean a new tab.

Gertlex

Banned
We're not really the ones to ask. Go to tools, add-ons (or themes if you're using <2.0) right click on the theme and click visit homepage. Explore from there.

And I too have no idea what the heck that problem you're talking about is... In general with themes, the more customizations of the browser you had beforehand, the more likely there'll be some odd clashing between the theme and your preferences.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
No, I did mean opening a new window rather than a new tab.

It's a little hard to explain: press Ctrl-N and watch what happens. The instant you press the button a new Firefox window appears, but there's a half-second pause before the default page starts loading (similarly if you open a link in a new window).

But when I turn on the OSX theme it doesn't seem to create the new window the second I press Ctrl-N, it waits that half-second and then the window appears, already beginning to load. It doesn't seem like a big deal but it gets annoying when you want to start typing something into the address bar right away, before the window has even begun loading.

This may well be a Windows only thing.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
My guess is that it's just a bug in the theme, and probably unfixable.

I thought you hated macs? Why have a mac theme?

edit: not unfixable, but only if you know how to mess with the theme.

it doesn't happen in other themes, right?

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, the other theme I have doesn't seem to do it, but I don't know anything about messing with themes.

I don't have an irrational hatred of Macs or anything, the interface looks kind of pretty. Better than the crappy standard one anyway. And all the other themes I saw were too over-the-top, I wanted a nice subtle one.

Gertlex

Banned
I'm seeing what you're talking about, but regardless, I typing doesn't go into the URL bar when I open a new window so it utterly makes no difference.

Oh, I meant that I saw the difference when I switched from MidnightFox theme back to the default (for 2.0). I'd guess it has something do to with loading more image/effects heavy themes. Does the Mac theme have a textured background for the toolbars? MidnightFox does, and the default seems like it could just be a blank gray fill.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, maybe - I'll have to try it out again when I get home. But I thought the other theme I had was way more graphics intensive than the OSX one.