Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about Fire Facets

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Salo, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

Question about Fire Facets and Pre-Buffed Summons

I am interested to know if a fire facet jewel with -5% fire on it would cause my Kuko's fire blast or fire impact (2 diff part of attack, one autohit onechecked by AR) to do more damage cuz of lowering monsters res 5%?

5% is a big amount when you fight a boss with 75% res fire, its like 15% or something more damage easy.

-----------

Also, I heard you can prebuff VINES and SPIRITS....

i didnt know about the VINES. is it true?

and I believe that cranking up carrion vine is a good idea cuz a low one dies fast in hell.

2. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

On a note: If your opponent has 75% resistance, and you have -5% resistance on your weapon, then you actually get an effective 20% increase in your damage.

I don't know if you get the bonus to the explosion part of the attack. Perhaps you could try and ask in the Statics or Amazon Forum, since its really an Amazon skill. Lets hope someone knows... :)

I don't know if you can prebuff Vines. Interesting to know, actually However, I don't think it should be nessecary. And I would NEVER put more than 1 pts in Carrion Vine. 1 point is really great for filling your life bulb after a battle.
    What I do is, I fight and then I cast Carrion Vine. Its so easy to recast, that I wouldn't bother if it died many many times. O_O

3. FenrisWulf

FenrisWulf IncGamers Member

In a fairly recent post, Jarulf* said that he believes that any Summoned creature can be prebuffed; Diablo only does quantity checks, not quality checks (ie, you'll lose extra Summons, but the ones that stay out won't lose stats). adeyke** also was under this impression. I*** am inclined to agree.

Test: summon Ravens, switch out several levels of +skills. Count how many times they attack.

* Famous important Diablo person.
    ** Also famous and important.
    *** Neither famous nor important.

4. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Not sure about 1.10, but in 1.09 we ran a test using grizzly. We casted him at quite a high level and let him smack someone around a little. The damage was all very close together (within a range of 20). We then, without recasting, took off some skills. Let the same grizzly attack again, this time, he did about 100 less damage per hit. We checked Oak Sage/HoW to make sure the life and extra damage/ar stayed after taking off + skills and it did.

So uh... yeah. :/ That was 1.09 though...

-Mepersoner, Furry Admin

Edit: I'd disagree Fenriswulf, you're quite famous and important. ;)

5. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

You are opening up a can of worms matey! Argh!
    *pets his parrot*

Yeah well problem is that druids dont get the skill for exploding arrow, so if i ask zon forum (i am btw just the same) im wondering if they would trully know. It would be worth a loss of a frame then indeed to have 20% boost in damage. (i have a shako with a 5/5 in it already)

6. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

ahh. that is disheartening. but must be tested now. im bad at that.

7. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

Kirsty explained that fire facets -5% fire resistance will work fully on all types of fire damage and is not at all skill dependent. so long as it is fire damage of any kind, it gets this boost.

NICE!! :)

5% bonus to fire damage will NOT get boosted by fire sc's and and lc's, only direct fire skill damage.

This is fair and makes a lot of sense. Even though.... a kuko fires a level 11 i think explosive arrow, which is a skill. (would be like 5-10 more damage, so im not complaining (no synergy for it, so low damage ))