Question about Faster R/W and WW

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Faster R/W and WW

does anyone know the amount or have a chart for how much faster r/w gives you how many hits per ww?

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
omg i was just gonna ask this question cause blobs guide says base 7 INC speed gives you the most r/w (with 30 from boots and the 45 from nigma) while maintaining 3 hits per ww.
anyone know?

rawrj

Diabloii.Net Member
i dont know myself but i thought it was like 6 hits, with a lvl 10 increased speed and engima and 30 from boots

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
hits per ww isnt easily measured,depends on a lot of factors.

Firstly,relationship between r/w & hits? r/w effects the duration a target is in range,so it may effect hits but not directly,since the r/w & movement of target is as big a factor.

summary of that here from my ww guide:

*Final whirl speed is inversely proptional to Attack duration,the slower you move due to wearing heavy armor/shield & having base runwalk &/or being frozen the longer the check duration.

*Target size- there are three targets sizes-large,normal,small-bosses etc.. are big,players are normal & monsters like flayers etc..are small.Larger targets occupy more tile units(game distance units) therefore they stay in range longer allowing more hits on them.

*Target status: The most attacks possible are on target(s) that are moving in your whirl direction,they stay in range longer, next come stationary targets,the fewest attacks occur on target(s) moving in your opposite direction-e.g; (BVB)
Having frw or not is not a matter of choice,ideally you should have base runwalk,tele+whirl with slow speed will cause the target to stay in range longer for more attacks(which is mostly a fleeing or caught in whirl stationary target int pvp),but base or low increase speed,makes you an easier target & for you harder to dodge missiles & your desync whirls will suck or perhaps not desync at all.So ideally a lvl 5-7 increase speed is good especially since you need points for high leap as well.Its important to note that frw from skill causes a bigger effect than frw from items,skill frw modifies base r/w while frw from items applies on it.

Rik

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah but does anyone know for sure 100% if this 7 base inc speed that blobs said to use is correct in that you still maintain the same 3 hits per ww?

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
luis19 said:
yeah but does anyone know for sure 100% if this 7 base inc speed that blobs said to use is correct in that you still maintain the same 3 hits per ww?
3 attacks per second is more or less guaranteed if you tele next to a target & dont whirl away or the target doesnt flee,it takes 8 frames i.e 1/3rd of a second for 3 attacks to occur with dualwield & there is no reason to be absoultely sure that a stationary target will be out of range in such a short time especially since range is 3,a lvl 7 base increase speed shouldnt interfere with that & I am 90% sure,if thats good enough. :p

Rik

rikstaker said:
3 attacks per second is more or less guaranteed if you tele next to a target & dont whirl away or the target doesnt flee,it takes 8 frames i.e 1/3rd of a second for 3 attacks to occur with dualwield & there is no reason to be absoultely sure that a stationary target will be out of range in such a short time especially since range is 3,a lvl 7 base increase speed shouldnt interfere with that & I am 90% sure,if thats good enough. :p

Rik
Hasn't a dual wield barb 2 fps attack? Or me who's wrong? :p

2 fps = 12,5 attack per second
speed with 7 IS = 30%
Range = 3 = 2 / 3 * 3 Yards = 2 Yards

teleing on top = 0 yards difference I think.

Time to go 2 yards with 30% skill faster run in WW mode would then be

4*(1+30/100) = 4 + 6/5 = 5,2 yards / second

2 Yards / 5,2 Yards / second = 0,385 second

EDIT:
0,385 * 12,5 = 4,8 = 4 attacks :)

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
rikstaker said:

Rik
but joo is teh noobar, i cannot trust joo foo.

but more seriously i dont want to waste a few points unless you can confirm it with multiple ppl.

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
MonsterSlayer said:
Hasn't a dual wield barb 2 fps attack? Or me who's wrong? :p

2 fps = 12,5 attack per second
speed with 7 IS = 30%
Range = 3 = 2 / 3 * 3 Yards = 2 Yards

teleing on top = 0 yards difference I think.

Time to go 2 yards with 30% skill faster run in WW mode would then be

4*(1+30/100) = 4 + 6/5 = 5,2 yards / second

2 Yards / 5,2 Yards / second = 0,385 second

EDIT:
0,385 * 12,5 = 4,8 = 4 attacks :)
You get one attack only in the 4th frame & that comes from primary,so its 3 attacks not 4 within first 8 frames.

Rik

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
does weapon range matter when it comes to this also? i'm trying to find out the ideal amount of faster r/w for my ghost ww sin (ww knowledge on barb side just > ww knowledge on sin side)