Question about Facets

fireegg

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Facets

Ok, so I just got a cold facet for my orber and I'm not sure if I'm supposted to socket one of my items or one of my merc's items... my merc has andy's head, fort and an infinity... if i put the cold facet on my merc, does all the cold immunes lose their immunities or does it work when i put it on my sorc?

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
No to both question. The -resist on the facet is the same as cold mastery. Furthermore, if you put it on your merc, the -resist and +damage only applies to the merc's cold attacks only, and not yours.

fireegg

Diabloii.Net Member
No to both question. The -resist on the facet is the same as cold mastery. Furthermore, if you put it on your merc, the -resist and +damage only applies to the merc's cold attacks only, and not yours.
I see... So there's no point of having it unless u just want to kill non immunes faster...?

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
I see... So there's no point of having it unless u just want to kill non immunes faster...?
It still applies to CI's if you break em with Conviction or Lower Resists. For example, say you break a 126% CR monster down to 95% CR. Then your facets will kick in as long as immunity is gone.