Question about Etheral Titans

Stimm

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Etheral Titans

I finally manage to find a set of Titans in HCL and lo and behold they are Etheral 175/7 so im pretty happy. My question is this; when using normal Titans and the quantity reaches 0 a breaking sound occurs and they turn red. Ive always just ran to town and repaired them to fill stack , now with Etheral i cant reapir the stack size so i have to wait when the count gets low. If by some chance my count hit 0 and they turn red will they replenish on their own or did i just f*** up? Ive been real careful so far so as not to even hit low quantity display but this has me wondering.

PS Upgraded Etheral Titans do some hellish damage

Mn_Swe2

Diabloii.Net Member
Stimm said:
I finally manage to find a set of Titans in HCL and lo and behold they are Etheral 175/7 so im pretty happy. My question is this; when using normal Titans and the quantity reaches 0 a breaking sound occurs and they turn red. Ive always just ran to town and repaired them to fill stack , now with Etheral i cant reapir the stack size so i have to wait when the count gets low. If by some chance my count hit 0 and they turn red will they replenish on their own or did i just f*** up? Ive been real careful so far so as not to even hit low quantity display but this has me wondering.

I'm quite certain that you should stay away from getting to 0. Once they break, you are fu**ed, as you say ;)

/Magnus

WingBlade

Diabloii.Net Member
Stimm said:

Stimm if u let your titans go down to 0, your using way too many javs... once u see them turn red... chk the stack. if u have around 25 or so... switch to jabbing until replenish into a 50 or so... if not tp and repair... only cost u a scroll and 1 gold.

ConnerMacleod

Diabloii.Net Member
Stimm: Got a little story for ya.

I built a 1.09 Javazon about 2 years ago with Ethereal Titans that were almost perfect. My first set of Eths and didn't know about the rule. Well, I let them get to zero, they broke, and I had to sell them to Charsi.

Don't let them hit zero

My strategy from that point on when working with Eths is to keep a backup weapon in the switch. They will self-repair, but not if they hit zero. So keep those ethereals for the nasty bosses that need to be hit with some serious physical damage, and use a good pair of non-eths in between.

If they do break, you could always just drop them in a random Baal game. Watch the newbs freak out when they pick up ethereal Titans.

Stimm

Diabloii.Net Member
WingBlade said:
Stimm if u let your titans go down to 0, your using way too many javs... once u see them turn red... chk the stack. if u have around 25 or so... switch to jabbing until replenish into a 50 or so... if not tp and repair... only cost u a scroll and 1 gold.

Well the lowest ive let them get is 65, it helps i mainly use strafe for killing except when i faced Nm Daiblo and now that i am doing PSE runs in NM i use javs but i only use a dozen per run. I assumed that when they hit 0 i was screwed and i ll make doubly sure that i dont let that happen. Thanks to all who replied.

Spero

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know this from personal experience, but I've seen a lot of people here on the forums say that it's fixed now in 1.10.

Eth items will replenish from 0 now.

rachil0

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it said in the patch readme that repair now works with 0 qty. I don't think you need to worry. I've never cared for eth titans, I'd rather be able to repair my stack when it's low than be able to leech a fraction more. But I haven't played a javazon in 1.10, perhaps physical dmg is more important now. I doubt it. They look cool though! :jig:

shakozulu

Diabloii.Net Member
i have been playing with the same etheral titans since i traded for them on day 7 of ladder. only when i cow for gems/crafting stuff do i run low. charged strike is a nice break from throwing, and slows down java qty loss, so its rarely and issue to have to chat a bit to repair. besides, tstroke or non etheral titans on switch is not bad. oh, what i wanted to share...

i have never gotten them to zero, maybe to 3 was the lowest i took them so far. when i upgraded them however, the quantity dropped to 1! anyone else noticed qty when upgrading?

Shek

Banned
100% possitive they repair when they hit 0, Now. In .09 they didn't. I have a 92 Throw barb.

Shek