Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about Etheral Titans

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Stimm, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Question about Etheral Titans

I finally manage to find a set of Titans in HCL and lo and behold they are Etheral 175/7 so im pretty happy. My question is this; when using normal Titans and the quantity reaches 0 a breaking sound occurs and they turn red. Ive always just ran to town and repaired them to fill stack , now with Etheral i cant reapir the stack size so i have to wait when the count gets low. If by some chance my count hit 0 and they turn red will they replenish on their own or did i just f*** up? Ive been real careful so far so as not to even hit low quantity display but this has me wondering.

PS Upgraded Etheral Titans do some hellish damage

2. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

I'm quite certain that you should stay away from getting to 0. Once they break, you are fu**ed, as you say ;)

/Magnus

3. annr

annr IncGamers Member

nope, they will keep repairing

4. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Stimm if u let your titans go down to 0, your using way too many javs... once u see them turn red... chk the stack. if u have around 25 or so... switch to jabbing until replenish into a 50 or so... if not tp and repair... only cost u a scroll and 1 gold.

5. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

Wrong. My son broke some 180+ eth in 1.09 HC. If they break there done.

6. senji

senji Banned

etherel titans won't replenish once quantity hits 0

it will turn to a usless stick

7. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Stimm: Got a little story for ya.

I built a 1.09 Javazon about 2 years ago with Ethereal Titans that were almost perfect. My first set of Eths and didn't know about the rule. Well, I let them get to zero, they broke, and I had to sell them to Charsi.

Don't let them hit zero

My strategy from that point on when working with Eths is to keep a backup weapon in the switch. They will self-repair, but not if they hit zero. So keep those ethereals for the nasty bosses that need to be hit with some serious physical damage, and use a good pair of non-eths in between.

If they do break, you could always just drop them in a random Baal game. Watch the newbs freak out when they pick up ethereal Titans.

8. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Well the lowest ive let them get is 65, it helps i mainly use strafe for killing except when i faced Nm Daiblo and now that i am doing PSE runs in NM i use javs but i only use a dozen per run. I assumed that when they hit 0 i was screwed and i ll make doubly sure that i dont let that happen. Thanks to all who replied.

9. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I don't know this from personal experience, but I've seen a lot of people here on the forums say that it's fixed now in 1.10.

Eth items will replenish from 0 now.

10. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

I think it said in the patch readme that repair now works with 0 qty. I don't think you need to worry. I've never cared for eth titans, I'd rather be able to repair my stack when it's low than be able to leech a fraction more. But I haven't played a javazon in 1.10, perhaps physical dmg is more important now. I doubt it. They look cool though! :jig:

11. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Just gibsors them 2 meesors.

12. shakozulu

shakozulu IncGamers Member

i have been playing with the same etheral titans since i traded for them on day 7 of ladder. only when i cow for gems/crafting stuff do i run low. charged strike is a nice break from throwing, and slows down java qty loss, so its rarely and issue to have to chat a bit to repair. besides, tstroke or non etheral titans on switch is not bad. oh, what i wanted to share...

i have never gotten them to zero, maybe to 3 was the lowest i took them so far. when i upgraded them however, the quantity dropped to 1! anyone else noticed qty when upgrading?

13. Shek

Shek Banned

100% possitive they repair when they hit 0, Now. In .09 they didn't. I have a 92 Throw barb.

Shek

14. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Let them go to zero, then tell us the answer!