Question about ETH items

jcmandiablo

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about ETH items

Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking a look in to this post.

If I have an ETH item, say for instance an ETH CV, but it has 0 sockets then why do I or any other person want it? My understanding is that it can only be socketed once from Lazurk and because it's a grey item can not be cubed.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking a look in to this post.

If I have an ETH item, say for instance an ETH CV, but it has 0 sockets then why do I or any other person want it? My understanding is that it can only be socketed once from Lazurk and because it's a grey item can not be cubed.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Items can be grey either because they are socketed or ethereal or both. You can use the cube recipe on ethereal items to socket them even though they are already "grey"- they are considered unsocketed plain items. So those can be very valuable, particularly for weapons or armor suitable for mercenary use, where ethereal doesn't have the durability downside.

jcmandiablo

Diabloii.Net Member
Items can be grey either because they are socketed or ethereal or both. You can use the cube recipe on ethereal items to socket them even though they are already "grey"- they are considered unsocketed plain items. So those can be very valuable, particularly for weapons or armor suitable for mercenary use, where ethereal doesn't have the durability downside.
So is this what glitchong is? I can take an ETH item, cube it for sockets and the item will still keep its ETH properties, like enchanced damage or defense?

Thanks.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
jcmandiablo said:
So is this what glitchong is? I can take an ETH item, cube it for sockets and the item will still keep its ETH properties, like enchanced damage or defense?
Glitching via the cube socket recipe only works with body armors, helms, and shields. It simply applies the ethereal bonus a second time, resulting in an armor with higher than normal defense. When you use the cube recipe to socket an ethereal item, the item will retain the ethereal property.

jcmandiablo

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright ... so if I wanted to add sockets to my ETH CV with O sockets (grey item) would I use the recipe

1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type

?

Thanks again

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, that's correct. Keep in mind that you'll get a random number of sockets if you use the cube recipe, so you might not end up with the number of sockets you want.

jcmandiablo

Diabloii.Net Member
Yup, I figure that. I have cubed weapons before but I was confused with the 0os ETH items as they appeared in grey text and not Normal (white) as the recipe states.

Thanks for clarifying that for me and explaining the glitch thing. Im pissed as I sold an ETH Krak shell yesterday cause I didn't think I could get anymore than 1 socket in it.

Oh well.

Thanks again

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
You can use that recipe or you can ask Larzuk to put 4 sox in it, nice for insight or infinity

Larzuk quest works as normal on eth items. For anything but weapons usually the cube recipe is advised because it 'bugs' the item resulting in higher defense as explained earlier.