Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about ED Jewels

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by krusher, May 20, 2005.

1. krusher

krusher IncGamers Member

Question about ED Jewels

Does an enhanced damage jewel have to be in your weapon in order for you to benefit from it? What about IAS?
    Thnx in advance

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

nope it can be in your armor/helm/shield as well. it works differently though, not exactly sure how though.. o.o

3. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

It can be anywhere. The ED upgrades your total damage, instead of just your weapon damage as it would had the jewel been in the weapon.

4. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

same with IAS, it works on every item

5. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

ed jewels work wherever they are. However, they do work different if they are in your weapon or not. If they are in your weapon, they add to the weapons ed, but if in something else it adds to skill ed. In general, youll get more damage by putting it in your weapon than in armor, as one generally has sufficiently more skill ed than weapon ed.

6. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

IIRC certain skills only take weapon IAS and not IAS from gloves, etc. I believe whirlwind is one of these (though im not certain)

7. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

yes not from gloves but he was asking for IAS jewels

8. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

The thing is if jewels are added in armor, its from the armor and not weapon. So if one cant get IAS from gloves for ww, then they cant get it from armor either.

So basicaly i was saying that IAS jewels in armor/helm/shield will most of the time increase your attack speed, but there are cases that it wouldnt (using skills that are only weapon IAS based)

9. krusher

krusher IncGamers Member

wow thanks for all the replies
    i was curious about this for my zealot, i just acquaried an ebotd zerker and am very happy with it but obviously cant but ed jewels in it so was just makeing sure they would help if i used them in my armor and helm
    thanks again

10. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Last I heard there is a glitch with +damage/%ed jewels. Something about only the min or max is enhanced, not both like it should. If someone could clarify this that'd be fantastic.

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Off-weapon %ed is not added to weapon %ed, but goes into the part of the damage calculation where bonuses from skills, stats and auras are applied. A paladin gets quite a huge bonus there already, so the effect of %ed jewels wouldn't be that great. It might be better to put something else into the sockets, like Um runes or allres/x jewels. For hell mode it's mandatory for a melee character to have maximum resists plus a little excess, in case you get decrepped.

If a %ed/maxdmg jewel is put into something else than a weapon, the %ed is only applied to minimum damage (to maxdmg with respect to %ed/mindmg jewels), making it half as effective as it should be. That's a bug, but I don't expect that it will ever get fixed, just like all the other remaining bugs.

12. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks for the clarification.