Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about ED and Max/Min Damage and Smite.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by CC-Godbuster, Jun 15, 2005.

1. CC-Godbuster

CC-Godbuster IncGamers Member

Question about ED and Max/Min Damage and Smite.

Ok, I'm wanting to built a LLD char. I'm obsessed with paladins, I personally believe they are the best character Blizz ever made. Good casters, great melee, awesome support, and technicly, they can have some of the highest damage in PvP, thanks to the Grief runeword.

Anyway, my question is, if I socketed my shield/armor/helm with ED Jewls or +15 Max damage jewls, would it increase my Smite damage? I'm mostly interested in knowing about +15 Max damage, because I seem to have a few of them collecting dust. Also, If I put those in my weapon, say like a 6 socket crystal sword...am I mistaken that they DO NOT transfer over into smite? Any quick response would be lovely.

2. MrNuby

MrNuby IncGamers Member

I believe Max damage jewels are bugged. If put in armor they won't add to your weapon damage, so I guess they wont add to your smite-dmg either=)

3. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Max damge wont add.

Ed% will boost your damage.

Fer

4. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

What ferro said for smite.
    In reply to nuby, pure max jewels have no bug at all, its only ed/min/max off weapon and ed after max.

5. CC-Godbuster

So pure max damage jewls wont work for smite, I guess the best thing would be to socket the shield with 20% ED Jewls, correct?

6. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

The best thing to do with shield is using Herald of Zakarum :uhhuh:
    The best thing to do with armor is to use Enigma :thumbsup:

If you post the gear you plan to use, could be we can help you a bit more :thumbsup:

fer

7. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Well he can't use those since he said he was going to be a lld...

8. CC-Godbuster

Aye, thats right ;) Level 22 is the highest I can go. I guess I'll just go 20% ED jewls. BTW, I have a level 80 Smiter/Charger. His Gear:

Grief
    Eth Exile Vortex
    Fortitude
    Bloodfists
    Goreriders
    40/14 Verdungos
    Harlequin Crest Shako (dunno why I use this, I have a CoA laying around)
    BK Ring
    20 dex 235 Ravenfrost
    27 rez Maras

On Switch
    404% E. BOTD Zerker
    Upped 190% HoZ

1 20/15/8 Anni, and 6 Offensive Aura Skillers

This is why I like LLD's, it takes alittle more skill to make one...anybody can take the time to level 1 char to 80+, slap some runewords on 'em and go kill people. Besides, LLDing is imo, more skill based, and not gear based. Anyway, I'm done ranting ;) I just got into LLDing and its pretty fun, I just was wondering about the jewls...I was kinda hoping they'd work like the +damage on grief. :( Oh well, thanks for you help guys, its very much appreciated :D

BTW: What would you guys think about using Holy Freeze (In between level 3 and 5) for a Smiter? I was thinking this would be nasty, I could slow them down and keep them from running. I figured, Might would be the obvious choice here, since I could get up to 150% damage on top of a level 20 Smite which is 300%. Thats alot of damage, but I'm going to be dealing with alot of speed drivin characters like assassins, amazons, and I'm pretty sure Zealers... Any input on that idea?