Question about ED and Max/Min Damage and Smite.

CC-Godbuster

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about ED and Max/Min Damage and Smite.

Ok, I'm wanting to built a LLD char. I'm obsessed with paladins, I personally believe they are the best character Blizz ever made. Good casters, great melee, awesome support, and technicly, they can have some of the highest damage in PvP, thanks to the Grief runeword.

Anyway, my question is, if I socketed my shield/armor/helm with ED Jewls or +15 Max damage jewls, would it increase my Smite damage? I'm mostly interested in knowing about +15 Max damage, because I seem to have a few of them collecting dust. Also, If I put those in my weapon, say like a 6 socket crystal sword...am I mistaken that they DO NOT transfer over into smite? Any quick response would be lovely.

MrNuby

Diabloii.Net Member
I believe Max damage jewels are bugged. If put in armor they won't add to your weapon damage, so I guess they wont add to your smite-dmg either=)

ToThePoint

Diabloii.Net Member
MrNuby said:
I believe Max damage jewels are bugged. If put in armor they won't add to your weapon damage, so I guess they wont add to your smite-dmg either=)
What ferro said for smite.
In reply to nuby, pure max jewels have no bug at all, its only ed/min/max off weapon and ed after max.

CC-Godbuster

Diabloii.Net Member
So pure max damage jewls wont work for smite, I guess the best thing would be to socket the shield with 20% ED Jewls, correct?

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
The best thing to do with shield is using Herald of Zakarum :uhhuh:
The best thing to do with armor is to use Enigma :thumbsup:

If you post the gear you plan to use, could be we can help you a bit more :thumbsup:

fer

shade449

Diabloii.Net Member
-Ferro- said:
The best thing to do with shield is using Herald of Zakarum :uhhuh:
The best thing to do with armor is to use Enigma :thumbsup:

If you post the gear you plan to use, could be we can help you a bit more :thumbsup:

fer
Well he can't use those since he said he was going to be a lld...

CC-Godbuster

Diabloii.Net Member
Aye, thats right ;) Level 22 is the highest I can go. I guess I'll just go 20% ED jewls. BTW, I have a level 80 Smiter/Charger. His Gear:

Grief
Eth Exile Vortex
Fortitude
Bloodfists
Goreriders
40/14 Verdungos
Harlequin Crest Shako (dunno why I use this, I have a CoA laying around)
BK Ring
20 dex 235 Ravenfrost
27 rez Maras

On Switch
404% E. BOTD Zerker
Upped 190% HoZ

1 20/15/8 Anni, and 6 Offensive Aura Skillers

This is why I like LLD's, it takes alittle more skill to make one...anybody can take the time to level 1 char to 80+, slap some runewords on 'em and go kill people. Besides, LLDing is imo, more skill based, and not gear based. Anyway, I'm done ranting ;) I just got into LLDing and its pretty fun, I just was wondering about the jewls...I was kinda hoping they'd work like the +damage on grief. :( Oh well, thanks for you help guys, its very much appreciated :D

BTW: What would you guys think about using Holy Freeze (In between level 3 and 5) for a Smiter? I was thinking this would be nasty, I could slow them down and keep them from running. I figured, Might would be the obvious choice here, since I could get up to 150% damage on top of a level 20 Smite which is 300%. Thats alot of damage, but I'm going to be dealing with alot of speed drivin characters like assassins, amazons, and I'm pretty sure Zealers... Any input on that idea?