Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about duped runes

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by CheckMyPecs, May 6, 2005.

1. CheckMyPecs

CheckMyPecs IncGamers Member

Question about duped runes

I'm finally starting to find and trade some high level items, but I'm a little worried about dealing in duped high runes (jah, ber, etc) when trading on USEast. If I give up my precious crown of ages for a jah, for instance, how can I protect myself against getting a fake one that might disappear before I have a chance to use it in a runeword? Can they be permed without sticking them in a socket?

Thanks.

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

If someone gives you a duped rune in trade, there is no way for you to protect yourself, it will vanish at somepoint.

We do not deal in duped runes on these forums, I do nit advise you to offer them in trade, the trade forum mods ban for that.

3. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

to be more precise, we don't "knowingly" trade duped runes on these forums. that said, anyone who has traded for a high rune on here has probably traded a duped rune unless they found it themselves. so you're better off trading for ists. they're sometimes duped too, but there are quite a bit more legit ists around, so the chances of poofage are lower. and if one does poof on you, at least it wasn't a ber

edit: also, socketing them in a runeword is no gaurantee against them poofing. it may lower the chances, but i've heard stories of them poofing in the middle of a runeword. when that happens, they can't be replaced and the rest of your runes in there become worthless

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

there are rumors of ways to perm duped runes but none of them have been proved to be true.

5. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

rune perming aint possible anymore in 1.10 iirc.
    Anyway, your best bet is to buy something fancy with that jah you're getting. on the realms, off here :)

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

To be even more precise, we trade all those runes which can't be proven to be dupes, i.e. all runes that haven't gone poof... sounds like a kind of reversed witch test :lol:

You can't be sure about duped runes, just as others can't be sure about your CoA. You can lower the risk by trading HRs with respected forum members who can tell you where the HR is from and how long it's in their possession. HRs from the bnet channels have a higher chance of being dupes (although it's probably just 99% vs. 95%) and runes being in the possession of the seller for a longer time have a lower chance of going poof later.