question about DS and dual wield

aleks

Diabloii.Net Member
question about DS and dual wield

I am currently making a double throw barb. my original plan was 2xeth lacerators. but i took a look at the winged knife warshiek. it has a mod of 50% deadly strike on it.

the question i have is whether this 50%DS is added to your total DS or just added to attacks from warshieke itself. i also plan on using high lords ammy. so is the chance for double dmg like this?

30%DS+22%CS=45% chance for double damage on lacerator
80%DS+22%CS=84% chance for double damage on warshiek

OR, 84% chance for double damage for both weapons?

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
You can't add CS and DS to eachother like that. If you have lets say 50% DS and 50% CS the chance to do double dmg is only 75%. Not 100%.

Chance for Double Dmg = CS + ((1 - CS) * DS)
CfDD = 0.5 + (1 - 0.5) * 0.5)
CfDD = 0.75. Thus 75% of your attacks = double phys dmg.

Xiamet

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought DS stacked with DS for a total DS%? I know DS doesn't stack with CS, but Highlord's and Warshrike's DS should stack...no?

-X

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Xiamet said:
I thought DS stacked with DS for a total DS%? I know DS doesn't stack with CS, but Highlord's and Warshrike's DS should stack...no?

-X
yes, that's what skit was saying. The highlord's ds will apply to both weapons you are wielding, while the DS on war only applies to it. So it would be like:

First weapon ds = highlord's ds
War ds = war ds + highlord ds

He was just saying that the first weapon's ds wouldn't include the ds granted by war. Ds on a weapon only applies to that weapon; ds on any other item applies to all weapons you're using.

-Hal